Mystic Storm

Supercharged 24v (4mo)

Hi,

Has anyone on here put a supercharger on the 2.8 24v engine? Just toying with the idea and looking for some input, especially on the costs involved!

Cheers,

James

that would be sweet!!!, whats the difference engine wise between the 4mo and the corrado's 2.9? i dont mean technical data i mean driveing wise, does it pull better etc ?, cheers..

that would be sweet!!!, whats the difference engine wise between the 4mo and the corrado's 2.9? i dont mean technical data i mean driveing wise, does it pull better etc ?, cheers..

Yeah the 24v pulls much better, especially low down in the revs. I had two 12v VR's before this one and the 24v is so much better. If you're ever in Edinburgh I'll take you for a spin and you can see for yourself.

From what I have heard the 4motion/R32 because of the extra 12 valves have a lot more power bottom end where the VR is very lazy. The 4motion engine is apparently pretty much the same higher up in the revs as the VR.

Not sure if anyone has done it on here, I know on the ukmk4 forum people have done it but obviously with 4wd the traction will be loads better. I would suggest with a s/c 4mo you would really need to be looking at getting an LSD fitted.

For costs I think its similar to supercharging a VR which depends on how much you get the charger for, ie brand new or second hand and then who fits it. I'd budget for at least £1.5k+ for the charger alone as a second hand unit then getting it mapped etc.

Only thing that would worry me with the 24v engines is the plasctic manifold fatiguing over time. They flex quite a bit as standard so with added pressure is must be a lot worse.

Saying that a turbo is what suits the engine better I would say, there plenty of poke lower down then get the snails singing and it will fly.

Yeah the 24v pulls much better, especially low down in the revs. I had two 12v VR's before this one and the 24v is so much better. If you're ever in Edinburgh I'll take you for a spin and you can see for yourself.

cheers, if i was close i would deffo take you up on that offer, being in guernsey in the channel islands would be abit of a trek :) , well thats good to know about the 24v vr, if mine ever fooks up {touch wood} i'll look into getting a cheap 4mo and maybe do a conversion? idk just a thought,