Sign in to follow this  
badgerman

Central locking control box compatibility

Hi all,

Can anyone tell me if the window control box from a late spec 9A valver would happily work in an oldskool 1.8 valver?

I recently got all the bits an pieces sorted on my C after some tool crashed into it and so I organised my sisters bloke to come get it to track it and get it re-mot'd. On arrival the battery was unsurprisingly dead after a fair time off the road so he juiced it up and took it away. Later he tells me that the elec windows weren't working which was weird but tbh nothing surprises me anymore. So I sent him the late spec box from a car I broke a while ago assuming it would do the job.

Now, not only do my windows close when the ignition is switched off (annoying) my central locking has stopped working - passenger and driver side. On a side note the radio has also stopped working too. Did he fry something when charged the car up? I am not really that electronically minded but it all seems quite the coincidence!

Any input would be appreciated.