Zeal

can bus simulator

hello, i want to try and put a audi stereo in my corrado and was wondering if a can bus simulator would work? i have the kr with no digital speed sensor, do they only work with the speed sensor?

surely somebody has this knowlage, i have spent hours searching around but nobody seems to give a definate answer.

basicly after eight or so years of rado ownership i'm getting bored of the dash! i could buy a new car (s3, a3 tdi etc) but i dont want to have the same as everyone else and i love the corrado too much and can't really justify paying for two cars unless they were corrado's.

as i already have the a3 dash (better than tt imo) in my shed i'm tempted to put it in before i collect all the parts or buy a 20vt car (or maybe tdi) to update the corrado.

i also want to fit the climatronic from a a3, does this work on can bus too? in my early years of ownership i modded the car so it can never be compleatly standard again! (its a project car) it will have standard'ish looks with a modern dash and engine.

i will be on the look out for a standard kr when this project is done, i love standard too!

This is more of an Audi thing. A lot of folks are putting the Audi RNS-e nav systems in their cars. I'm really interested in this too. I've heard yea and na about how difficult it is to move the HVAC controls in the Corrado into where the cig lighter and ash tray are. It wouldn' matter though if you had climatronic in there. . There are really good can-bus emulators out there. The 1st one that comes to mind is from Kufatec

http://kufatec.com/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=188_114_116&products_id=279&zenid=fe8f73a6b09b47b8efe5e0816f590215

In 2007 I added the RNS-e to my '02 Allroad. There are quite a few versions available that will fit in the Corrado once the Double Din is created from moving the HVAC about.

Climatronic is a great option. I can't take on either project until I can garage the Corrado for a while. The climatronic conversion has been done before and looks great!

z4iph5y5l8hdmetn.jpg

This is more of an Audi thing. A lot of folks are putting the Audi RNS-e nav systems in their cars. I'm really interested in this too. I've heard yea and na about how difficult it is to move the HVAC controls in the Corrado into where the cig lighter and ash tray are. It wouldn' matter though if you had climatronic in there. . There are really good can-bus emulators out there. The 1st one that comes to mind is from Kufatec

http://kufatec.com/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=188_114_116&products_id=279&zenid=fe8f73a6b09b47b8efe5e0816f590215

In 2007 I added the RNS-e to my '02 Allroad. There are quite a few versions available that will fit in the Corrado once the Double Din is created from moving the HVAC about.

Climatronic is a great option. I can't take on either project until I can garage the Corrado for a while. The climatronic conversion has been done before and looks great!

z4iph5y5l8hdmetn.jpg

no worries. after loads of research i now realise that can-bus sucks! and ruins my hybrid plans!

I'm not so sure those emulators will work for a corrado, i asked kufatec and they replied saying there is no known resolution for my car (1.8 16v).

which rns-e's work in the corrado?

i have a two din slot in my corrado (pics in build thread), its a fairly easy swap over.

:) i managed to craft the rado heater controls into the a3 dash fairly easy too. i will probably move to climate control when funds allow.

i want a factory cd look does anyone have any ideas?