carrots

strange exhaust untill warm

my standard exhaust always sounds like its blowing untill it gets warm,ive had a realy good look at it on a ramp and cant see anywhere its leaking.its not long had new mainifold gaskets due to a knackerd head.my mate had a mk3 golf the same aswell.wouldnt mind a stainless sometime,i will have to read some threads on here about um

Metal expands when hot - just a thought but maybe there's a leak at one of the joints or gaskets at ambient temperature, but the metal expands to plug the leak when hot?

If the manifold gasket has just been changed, then that may be a suspect!

Sounds daft but could it be the cat ? Mine makes a chuffing kinda sound cant really explain it better than that but once its warm it usually sounds alot better

Also if its one of the joints making yhe noise like said above till its warm i used a product called chemical metal to seal the gap works a hell of a lot better than gum gum

I wouldn't really recommend Chemical Metal, seeing as it's only guaranteed up to 149 degrees Celcius....and you're using it on one of the hottest parts of your car.

my stainless is up for grabs. bolts straight up to a 4 branch.

give me a yell if youre interested.