lilfuzzer

Sap removal?

Hi guys and girls had a search but couldnt find anything even though I was sure there was going to be.

I have recently bought the blackberry and there seems to be sap or something similar left on the bodywork.

Anyone know of any good products to get rid off this so I can give it a good polish and see what the paint is like

thanks

chris

Edited by lilfuzzer
spelling crap

Good measures of very hot not boiling water mate with plenty of car shampoo should do it, i used to park under some trees at my old work place so had to do it fairly often :/ if you have some thick rubber gloves too give it a good rub with a sponge while you are at it ;)

If its not sap try Auto Glyn paint renovator.

Not too keen on the clay bar jaime as worried I'd do a crap job.

Cheers kip I'll try that. Have wash it a few times thinking it will be of after that one but doesnt seem to want to go. I may get some of that paint renovator and try that

see you next week

:)

you can use white spirits on paintwork, but i would wash it well afterwards and then polish and wax it

clay bar isn't hard to do and i would say very hard to badly damage the paint with

Clay bars are not to be feared in my opinion. Plenty of Quick Detailer/lube and there is no problem, it is honestly like there is no friction between the paint and clay. You will of course need to polish and wax after though.

It is of course worth trying the other suggestions but sap and contaminant removal is what clay bars are all about as far as I'm aware. You will feel the difference on the surface and I really doubt you will damage it.