Darrsh

New to the UK, looking for a service shop for my 16 valver in Birmingham

Hey whats up guys, i just moved here from the U.S., im staying in the city center right next to the bull ring

I have 2 VR6s back in the states, ive been through 8 Corrado's now and ive loved these cars for the past 10 years, so i bit the bullet and got another one out here. Unfortuanetly i dont have a place or tools to even do the simplest of jobs to the car, it needs some basic work, i believe the timing belt needs to be changed (whispering pretty loudly), the drivers side window needs a fix (off the track cuz it rolls up n down just really slow and will be off alighment), and then a bunch of electrical stuff, horn, fogs, pass. side headlight, right rear fog light, all not working.

Ive searched and found every one recomending Stealth Racing, ive heard of them from the states, but there more a VR6 Tunning company, im sure they could sort out my issues, but im not looking to pay an arm and leg at a performance shop, what would be ideal is some one who works on these cars on the side and wouldnt mind taking time to make a few bucks, with me present, cuz i know the in n outs of these cars, just no tools or bentley. Even if its a shop, just some one who knows Corrado's well enough and some one you guys would recommend, i appreciate any replies, thanks guys!

-Wali

Welcome to the forum,

Stealth is the place for you - they are not just about VR6's, they used to do loads of valver tuning back in the day and people would travel from all over the country to see Vince for the WUR mod and setup. Probably one of the few places that understands the K Jet system.

DG Autotech are also worth a look- Graham really knows his stuff.

+1. I have a 240 mile round trip to get there and it's always been worth it. Brum to Kidderminster is just a short trip for you.

I was going to say DG also but you really need a Rolling road to set a 16v up properly (The WUR mod adjusts the fueling so it doesn't run lean at high rpm)

I was going to say DG also but you really need a Rolling road to set a 16v up properly (The WUR mod adjusts the fueling so it doesn't run lean at high rpm)

no you dont ;)

Not my valver any way, all the setting up on that as well as the remap was done in house and on the roads. Just ask Abdul how well it goes :D

+2 for DG

+ 1 more for DG, Graham looks after my car, my girlfriend's car, my parent's cars, my brother's car, my sister's car and several friend's cars and none of us can fault his service and attention to detail. I'll stop now otherwise he'll need a higher ramp to fit his head under! :-)

Either DG or Stealth would be fine :) Good to hear of another local (I'm only over near Coventry - 30 minutes from Birmingham) - keep your eyes open for meets and get togethers in the area!