Sign in to follow this  
STORM 2

upgrading speakers

Can you get infinity components for the dash and the doors?

I mean a tweeter for the dash and wooferalone for the door

If so can anyone tell me the part number?

Also is it possible to get a decent 6X4 custom speaker for the rear? If so which one???

Cheers :mad:

Can you get infinity components for the dash and the doors?

I mean a tweeter for the dash and wooferalone for the door

If so can anyone tell me the part number?

Also is it possible to get a decent 6X4 custom speaker for the rear? If so which one???

Cheers :mad:

yes, Infinity do components.... Check HERE

You're after 5.25inch components 8)

6x4? Again, infinity do these too, (see HERE for details!) as do JBL, Alpine, kenwood, etc etc etc... 8)

infinities are really really good

Yup, as are JBLs which are part of the same parent group (Harman international) 8)

I've got infinity home speakers and they are soooo good... ;)

It looks like crutchfield sells the infinity component 51/4's that would fit in the doors. I just need to replace the door speaker. Is that what you would recommend?

I just called them and they're telling me a 4" will fit in the door and I can plug into the amp. I don't really understand this amplified speaker - is it possible to only replace the speaker and plug it in to the amp?

As far as i can make out with pretty much any speakers you can wire them up to an amp. The only thing an amp relies upon though is the signal from you head unit (and obviously power from battery). This usually comes from some phono leads. You dont have to wire up speakers to an amp you can wire them into your headunit. At the end of the day if you have a sh?@ headunit and quality speakers you wont get very good sound but if you have a good head unit and average apeakers you will get a better sound. (hope you can understand what i am writing, it makes sence in my head :scratch: ).

If you have an average head unit, an amp and speakers the sound will be alright.

In my car ive got a Kenwood 7024, and i think its the dog's dangly bits, coupled with a pair of infinity 6x9's, a kenwood component kit, a 10" splx sub and two amps. It runs quite nicely but the front components need to be better.

All an amp does is, very basically, boost the sound and to an extent the sound quality. (It only boosts the quality because if the sound level was coming through the head unit alone, at high volume, it would'nt always be very clear).

Again sorry for affling :lol:

If you want the best though Rockford Fosgate is the light at the end of the tunnel (but expensive.. :| )

Infinity tweeters are excellent, especially when you fit them here.......often get favourable comments from passengers, tweeters are more directional than woofers so it's a great place to put them i reckon......just a thought! It's a bit of dark piccy but you should be able to see the 'Infinity' logo in silver in middle of piccy, that's the tweeter, same place on passenger side of course!