RadoVirgin

Bloody Coilovers are knackered !!!!! Anyone refurbed Konigsports before?

Hi all,

I've stripped my coilovers off of the car this morning and all is not good. See Below

5f3e9245.jpg

e8528aea.jpg

I'm hoping somebody out there has had this problem before, I'm going to have to order new collars, I've tried Venom Motorsport but they say it'll take 2-3 weeks to get hold of them.

If anyone can help please get in touch as my car is now stuck on a ramp

786b1b71.jpg

Yep mine have done that, front and rear. Unfortunately the rears did it when I was driving.

Only place I found replacement collars was Venom.

Same as above, Venom got them for me. Took them about a week to arrive though. Mine was stuck on the ramp too, was my dads garage... needless to say he was not impressed!

You could try wire brushing them, lots of penetrating spray and heating them to try to move them in the meantime.

Yep i agree, bin them or rip out the dampers and springs if they are ok and sell them on as spares parts.

I had the same on some fk ak's that were fitted to my car before i bought it. http://the-corrado.net/showthread.php?14207-The-quot-what-I-did-to-my-Corrado-today-quot-thread...&p=634711&viewfull=1#post634711

Needless to say, when i jacked the car up and saw the corrosion i binned them very soon after.

Edited by G60_Marc

Yeah I think you're all right, there gonna have to go and be replaced but as they were both height and dampening adjustable it's going to be hard to find a cost effective solution as I like to run low and the uprated fixed rate dampers dont seem to cut the mustard.