g60rge

Red Corrado G60 project back from the dead !

Heres my new project, ive known this car for years and recently had the opportunity to buy it at a fair price. Here it is after many hours of da polishing action, i hope you agree its looking not too bad.

IMAG0014.jpg

IMAG0013.jpg

IMAG0017.jpg

IMAG0012.jpg

obviously there had to be a catch right?

george072.jpg

to be continued...........

stick a jubilee clip round it, some WD and throw it back on. it'll be sweet.

I really like the 'built with what was available' cars at the change from early to late - Late shape, late colour, early engine - early interior? I really like flash red - i miss my old one - it was early shape, late colour...

Really nice looking - I'd happily swap mine for one with a mint shell and a blown charger!

lol @ the jubilie clip idea, sorry id like to hold on to the charger for future project mockups.

so,

charger stuff all removed, and new timing belt fitted, what a nightmare job!!!

george075.jpg

which left me with this problem

george080.jpg

plug is standard on all 8v golfs, sorted!

george083.jpg

got my hands on an 06 plate mini charger with the black teflon coated rotors and then got a mate to knock up this charger outlet for me,

all painted up

george082.jpg

ready to be fitted

george084.jpg

i then made a call to my good friend N7NDO off ed38 and after a brief conversation a few days later he turned up at my house with a ready to fit bracket! we had it fitted in about 20 mins.. He also traced down a bad misfire to a dodgy lead so replaced these with some 8mm silicone leads

IMAG0020.jpg

IMAG0021.jpg

inlet fitted

george085.jpg

job done! been sat on the drive for over a week, havent even taken it round the block yet as the car has no air filter, tax, tkt or insurance so cant report back on its performance just yet.

for sale, will get a fresh mot before the sale, £2400 private plate valued at 700

will put up an ad in a bit

latest pics after some cleaning, including wet vaxing the interior and jet washing the engine bay which i did this weekend, having trouble selling this, so i just keep doing jobs on it when im bored as if im going to keep it. Everytime i look at it i want to keep it lol

IMAG0236.jpg

IMAG0239.jpg

IMAG0238.jpg

IMAG0257.jpg

IMAG0258.jpg

IMAG0259.jpg

IMAG0124.jpg

IMAG0125.jpg

---------- Post added at 09:30 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:27 PM ----------

ideally the air filter needs to be away from the hot air comming in from the fan but im having an op on my shoulder in the morning so no chance of that happening :(

Mod Edit - Please read the rules, and submit a proper classified advert.. advertising within a thread with no fixed price or other information is against the rules!

Edited by Jim