Haribo

Goodbye Mk2 Golf...

After 7 golfs it was time for a change, So I found a Corrado.

I bought it off a dude on this forum and I couldnt be happier with my decision :D

When I got it there was plenty to do...

Heater controls didnt work,

Water pump on the way out,

Thermostat stuck,

Exhaust wasnt put on too well so knocking plenty,

Drivers door didnt like being closed,

Split CV boot,

bah, bored of making lists, there was other bits and bobs, most of which are done and sorted now.

Just as personal preference I got nice new mats, gear stick gaitor, fitted an immobiliser and just tidyed it up really.

Also added one of those all in one scuttle panels, pretty expensive but im pretty happy with it.

Annnd I bought some clear/red rear lights which had horrible chrome bases so I sprayed them black and also did black borders round each lense, I think it look spretty good, its not as tidy a job as it looks tho :p

Still plan to replace the wings when I can due to some rust where some mud flaps used to be.

Anyway, here it is :)

205106_10150139811795966_622155965_6787468_5559108_n.jpg

217372_10150139811905966_622155965_6787470_7619692_n.jpg

208331_10150139812005966_622155965_6787472_934752_n.jpg

---------- Post added at 10:58 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:57 PM ----------

Worth adding that I have gone from having lots of money saved to borrowing money off my brother to last me until payday because of this car :D

nice paintwork, good luck with the work, it's always worth to save a good car

heh, im used to it :)

So far it seems very similar to a golf mechanically, Im hoping soon itl stop taking my money at such a rate, already replaced sh!t loads of things, im prepared tho, already got a spare set of heater controls... just in case

---------- Post added at 11:10 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:08 PM ----------

nice paintwork, good luck with the work, it's always worth to save a good car

yeh paintwork is ok, theres a few spots that could do with a touch up, This is the one car that I can see myself splashing out on a respary for one day.

nice rado...keep you busy but be worth it...i went from year after year of mk2 golfs to corrado...i still miss my mk2's but theres somthing about a corrado....

nice rado...keep you busy but be worth it...i went from year after year of mk2 golfs to corrado...i still miss my mk2's but theres somthing about a corrado....

Yeh, for one I like that since I bought it ive only seen one other on the road and countless mk2 golfs :D

I'm hankering for a nice Mk2 GTi again. Probably be more likely to nip out to Tesco, etc, in it than I am with the storm which sits immobile for weeks on end.

Well, heres my solution to broken number plate plinth luggs, its a bit scrappy but it does the trick.

I got rid of what was left within the plastic circle and Q-bonded a screw in its place. Thats is some good shiz, dont get it on your hands tho :p

boltr.jpg