Sign in to follow this  
paulg60

which air filter

which air filter is best a std panel , performance panel or a cone filter. i ask this question not for performance gains but to protect my charger from unwanted bits getting sucked in.

Panel filter for the G60! If you do want to play around a bit with filters than you can't really go wrong by getting a K&N replacement panel filter.

You're right in assuming it's all about your G-Lader, as non force-induced engines can cope with nastier filters (Pipercross et all) that let through more fine particles.

Tempest

imho the good old std air box & k&n panel filter combination works very well allways top on my list... :-P

Just OT:

viel achievment bildete wenig Spitze mehr nicht zu viel.

What are you trying to say, mate ? :wink:

Tempest

What about on a vr6 then? Is that still the best plan?

Does a k&n panel filter make that much differance?

it makes a slight differance,but its best to make up a cold air inlet .as darren would suggest,buy some guttering pipe and

acouple of bends from homebase ect.then remove carbon canister,and use this hole to tap into the air scoop for the brakes.

nice mod and cheap and easy to do at home. :)

he carbon canister collects and stores any evaporated fumes from the fuel tank when stationay or excess fumes build up. When the engine is started a vacume hose opens a purge valve and draws the fumes into the inlet manifold for them to be burned off. Ourself here at Pitstop/G-werks are very envioromentaly unfriendly, we pull the carbon canister out and give it back to the customer as a gift allowing fresh air flow to the airfilter. Enviroment vs. BHP....BHP wins. The best and most hypercritical sticker i've seen on a customers G60 is 'Don't buy Esso, they kill the planet'..... and a G60 does'nt?LOL

Yes, but you have to blank all vacume hoses that lead back to the manifold but leave the bigger fuel tank vent hose to go to air.