dannyboy

ooopppsss!!I closed nurburgring for half an hour

Brought the old girl to the ring on saturday and a coolant hose decided to divorce the other half and dropped coolant all over the track.Cost me 116 euros to get it cleaned up!

Some biker who was on my ass at the time was lucky he wasnt injured.

Might want to check your hoses guys,especially after the winter with weather getting hot.two minute check is better than a recovery truck

I can beat that!

It cost me 1.5k when i wrote off my VR6 off there... track closed for 45 minutes :)

was that the one youtube i seen? it oversteered hit the wall bounced and spun and hit wall on the other side?

---------- Post added at 10:19 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:12 PM ----------

my oil temp hit 146 degrees before i noticed and oil pressure light was starting to squeek.but shes fine,good thing ive put that liqui moly oil in.Has MOS2 additive in it that probably saved the engine.

thats me! :)

there was not much left of the car after!

n512334131_307930_2325.jpg

---------- Post added at 11:31 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:23 PM ----------

amazingly, the engine still ran after that!

Molybdenum disulfide,anti friction and anti wear compond. you can get it separately in small tube or the oil comes with it in already. My g60 seems to like the stuff,better than lot of oils ive put in but abit more expensive.... 40 euro for 5 litres.

Heres a pic of the bottle, along with the overhaul of the suspension bushes and vw even acciendently threw in a pair of normal rado bushes when i order the r32 ones.you can see the difference

mine spat all its coolent out on the ring a few week ago, that was due to somebody (not me by the way!) not putting the cap back on the header tank after checking all the levels etc.

unfortunatly my engine didnt do as well but made it to the end of the track!

apparantly there was a vr6 in the carpark steeming away at the same time.

this nurburgring dont seem to be doing much for the welfare of corrados!

think ill stay off the ring til the next big scirocco/corrado meet,hopefully itll its be like the 20th year one in 2008. hopefully in 2013