Kempy

Help!! My valver isn't getting fuel, electrical I think

Ok

My car broke down on me over 5 weeks ago now, it coughed a bit and I just had to pull over, It then got towed to the garage where its still is. I provided the garage a newish pump and new filter and this didn't appear fix it. So they asked if I could get a metering head so I did and they said this kinda worked and they got the car started for a short while. So i got them another metering head, this still hasn't worked. they have pressure tested the system at different points and this is good. The car is now now at an auto electrician as he might be able to fix it now. I spoke to him and he said there is only fuel going from the cold start and when the engine is warm the engine stops as no fuel is coming from the the 4 injectors, so he is checking this out today hopefully. Anybody else come across this? what electrical fault is causing this. I've had no car for 5 weeks now and Im going mad on the train and missing out driving in this awesome weather :scratch::cool:

thanks all

try renew the fuel pump relay,contacts inside could be old and burnt out or check wiring on the fuel pressure cut-off switch. kr or 9a?

try renew the fuel pump relay,contacts inside could be old and burnt out or check wiring on the fuel pressure cut-off switch. kr or 9a?

wheres the pressure cut off switch to?

itll be attached to the fuel lines somewhere.not too sure about the valvers

Dont think the cold start injector can run the engine by itself,its a enrichment device only hence used on startup only so if the engine is running it must be injecting fuel.

sounds like theres problem with wiring to the fuel pump,have you changed the relay?

I had a problem where the car would cut out and after about 10 mins would be fine again. turned out to be the lift pump in the tank that had the live feed to it severed :(

I also put a new accumulator on as it wasn't holding pressure. Might be worth a look.

anybody got a part number for lift pump on 9a, as TPs(£170+) and Stealers(£200+) are quoting me silly prices, thanks

anybody got a part number for lift pump on 9a, as TPs(£170+) and Stealers(£200+) are quoting me silly prices, thanks

I got one of these from eBay for £23, Volksbits also do it for the same price.

I got a lift pump from VAG and the car is sorted apparently, Ive still not seen the car in weeks as it failed the MOT whilst Ive not had it :( needs some more welding, but the guy that does the welding doesnt like work it seems