robrado974

strange noise coming from somewhere

got me vr insured this morning[sick n tired of it being in the garage] went to tps to get some bits , when i parked at my house i could hear this high piched buzz? it lasted for about three seconds . i waited and about a minute later it did it again , and again .its not the drone of the central locking pump. it almost sounds like a childs ray gun out of a toy shop!. any ideas ? regards rob

sounds like its coming from the rear ? ,but the noise is so intermitent its hard to track . isv is the idle valve isnt it ? it has been dropping slightly on the idle and speeding back up again .

mmmm. could be i was sitting in the car when i heard it , windows were open . been and started her up and its not doing it now, strange . thanks for reply , regards rob .

Just been outside to sort the same or simular problem.

After some research i found it was the central locking pump that's buzzing away and not the fuel pump as i had initially suspected. (Situated behind the carpet on the rear drivers side within the boot).

Could also hear hissing from the boot lid. Taken off the rear panel and found the air pipe to have dislodged from the lock actuator. Ive tried pressing it back on but had no luck as it still leaks. Hot gluing it in place and hopefully sealing any leaks is what I'm trying as a temp measure as i don't want to cause damage to the pump.

Not that an interesting reply Ive done but hopefully it'll help someone in the future if they search key words. :)

Anyone know where to buy the little yellow elbow joints as i think maybe this ones gone brittle.

If it's the behind the panel in the back seat you have a buzzing relay from the seat heaters.

thanks for reply , i have leather seats but not heated ones .regards rob .

---------- Post added at 07:04 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:03 PM ----------

Just been outside to sort the same or simular problem.

After some research i found it was the central locking pump that's buzzing away and not the fuel pump as i had initially suspected. (Situated behind the carpet on the rear drivers side within the boot).

Could also hear hissing from the boot lid. Taken off the rear panel and found the air pipe to have dislodged from the lock actuator. Ive tried pressing it back on but had no luck as it still leaks. Hot gluing it in place and hopefully sealing any leaks is what I'm trying as a temp measure as i don't want to cause damage to the pump.

Not that an interesting reply Ive done but hopefully it'll help someone in the future if they search key words. :)

Anyone know where to buy the little yellow elbow joints as i think maybe this ones gone brittle.

it may have been the pump , but sometimes when it overruns its more of a low key drone or hum . thanks rob

fuel pump wines on the rado well most vw's rob, is there a condition like hypercondriact for car owners? hee hee