dannyboy

FMIC came at last..

Hi guys,

Got a FMIC from a golf g60 from fleabey in the post last night, tad expensive at 350 euros but its in great condition.No holes with no bent fins and most of paint still on.Also had to change the coolant pipe at bottom of the radiator as a chipshop cowboy connected a shorter hose with a piece of metal pipe that kept sliding off and dumping coolant.D1(k!!!!.

Also treated her to a four wheel alignment after renewing every bush on the suspension,she feels alot better with no looseness. we all like that ;)

Have to buy new radiator to fit the intercooler in.

Anyone know of any problems when putting this intercooler in?this is my daily runner so car cant be off the road too long waiting for parts?

Should fit fine and dandy. I assume you have the boost pipes ready, rallye u bend is a life saver for this job.

cool,got some pipes and silicone hoses to cut to make it fit and u-bend is next on the list.have an original rsr at the moment i might sell. ive gone for the close as possible to OEM as possible, the boost hose from the u-bend to intercooler is going to cost around 70 euro(still bidding on it) and radiatior is costing about 120 euro brand new.

Will the rad have a short hose cas the radi have is 630 mm one(massive aircon one) and hose would be shorter?

yep its an expensive game but well worth it over the standard corrado one.

i would indeed imagine the rad hoses to be different. i only ran a 16v rad on mine for ease of fitting fmic.

Yeah the 60 version will fit very well. I have a Rallye version and its longer on the inlet. Much cutting and grinding and welding around teh front two eye support to get it to fit.

might get a spal fan to help clearance with g lader or will it be a tight fit with standard fan?

Ive got a 12" slimline up for grabs. Nothing spectacular but does what it says on the tin

its a pity you have bought the intercooler

forge do a nice intercooler and new rad all in one its about 850 -950 pounds but its looks like your going to be getting to the level anyway

I have a Rallye ubend and gasket (the really rare part) and all the fixing bolts as well for sale at the moment if interested mate. Drop me a PM if you are interested.