G60MAT

438 mile road trip! Back in a Satin Silver VR6 - OEM & Recaro content...

Do you have the lockers and tool for the caps, might have a new tool somewhere. (found it!)

Edited by OSV

Do you have the lockers and tool for the caps, might have a new tool somewhere. (found it!)

Only have 3 original screws, looking for a 4th and been using long nose pliers instead of the Azev tool!

Had an extra day after the Bank Holiday and for a change the sun was shining so spent the afternoon on the Corrado. These arrived this morning, Lupo GTI Wiper arms and blades.

CorradoUpgrades001.jpg

Before

CorradoUpgrades003.jpg

After

CorradoUpgrades011.jpg

Gave the cars a full clean out.

CorradoUpgrades009.jpg

Few jobs done, new pedal rubber and a test fit of the new wheels.

CorradoUpgrades012.jpg

Got some metal polish on the Milltek and its actually silver again now! How it looks tonight...

CorradoUpgrades017.jpg

wow great lookin car there mate, v clean and tidy and 1 of my favourite corrado colours! Did you get the wipers fom the stealers? If so do you mind me asking how much they're charging for them these days?

wow great lookin car there mate, v clean and tidy and 1 of my favourite corrado colours! Did you get the wipers fom the stealers? If so do you mind me asking how much they're charging for them these days?

Nah they were a cheeky eBay deal, think they are about £120 from the stealers! :(

I love the lupo blade upgrade, are they two drivers arms? I need to do this mod!

Your Corrado is beautiful, really nice, clean and original. She's looking really good, and its nice to see a silver one in such good shape.

Love the Azev's Matt, looks like their gonna poke a bit, whats the ET

Hey Bill, pics looks at bit more pokey than in the flesh, wheels are 17x 8" ET35 from memory, will be running 205/40/17 tyres so should all sit well hopefully! :)

Hey Bill, pics looks at bit more pokey than in the flesh, wheels are 17x 8" ET35 from memory, will be running 205/40/17 tyres so should all sit well hopefully! :)

Here's mine with an 8" ET27 RS, you're right without tyres and up in the air they look too wide!

IMG_1313.jpg

Here's mine with an 8" ET27 RS, you're right without tyres and up in the air they look too wide!

IMG_1313.jpg

Stop showing me those wheels Gareth! Its very distracting! ;)

No worries they're long gone now, Andy had them on C5OEM and he sold them, soon to grace a Jetta I believe. I do have my stock RS 301s though... and Comp MOs... and BBS CH.. and OE Speedlines LOL

IMG_1313.jpg

Mmmmmmmmmmmmmmm me want, or your CH's lol

---------- Post added at 10:57 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:51 PM ----------

Unimpressed by the Bank Holiday weather decided to fit some parts tomorrow. Here's some new additions for the rear, had them custom made by one of the lads on Edition 38 forum. They have been smoothed, tinted, lacquered and baked, followed by a quick de-nib and polish. Got a few more parts to gather for the rear end and then get everything fitted.

Ebay003.jpg

soooo much better without the markings, i did this to mine years ago and just makes them look so much cleaner.

Some more cleaning done on Saturday and a few minor jobs done. Swapped the broken parcel shelf for the missing first aid kit, which after a good clean slotted back in the car fine.

CorradoToolkit005.jpg

Also cleaned up the tool kit, the jack and the spare have never been used!

CorradoToolkit001.jpg

Then picked these up from Andy in Peak Vag last night...

CorradoBrakes002.jpg

Mk4 GTI rears, look a bit the worst for wear in this pic, but are all fine, only 2 years old and are being split, blasted and powder coated this week to match the new fronts. Also managed a trip to the DVLA for a new addition coming soon! ;)

Been away in Austria most of the week with business and mixed progress on my return. Front brakes are finished and rears on the way, but mis-hap in the workshop and the front bumper now needs painting :( Also started thinking about upgrading audio as still on standard speakers.

New wheel and boss have arrived though to be fitted this week! :)

CorradoWheel002.jpg

So back on the case with the car today, not a great start to the week, checked out the damage to the front bumper, not too bad and now off the car heading for paint.

photo10.jpg

However the car is now leaking water, Caine our fantastic mechanic chased the problem quickly and its just a couple of o-rings that need replacing.

photo7.jpg

However to get to it the front of the car now looks like this!

photo5.jpg

photo8.jpg

photo9.jpg

Once this is sorted back on the case with the brake upgrade!

Some more positive progress today, front end is nearly rebuilt and trial fitting of new brakes, having the spacers custom machined and ordered the Goodridge hose conversion kits.

photo.jpg

photoa.jpg

Well pleased with the trial fit... ;)