cannyball

Hello from San Diego, California!

Id like to introduce myself as a first time corrado owner. I just recently purchased a 1990 G60 from a guy who unfortunately, did not take very good care of, or know much about the car. The owner before him put a belt kit on the supercharger to give it a higher output but that is the extent of the good things I know about the vehicle...

Its been dropped on some un-identifiable coilovers and 17" sparco alloys, and there was a failure of an HID kit put on the car, rendering the left headlight useless (it probably didnt help that the kit was the wrong size, so he wrapped it in duct tape to make it fit). And the windshield fluid reservoir is mysteriously missing, along with the pump and all the fluid lines. And the seat belt on the passenger side doesnt move when I turn the vehicle on, however the driver side seat belt works (sometimes). Aaaaaand the paint (not factory) is cracked where there was some mystery bondo work done where there appears to have been no reason for it at all, judging by the look I took at the inside of the panels where there is cracking.

Despite all of this, it runs strong and has some pep in its step. And the wing works! (from what ive heard and read, the wings have a tendency to not want to work after a while)

I plan on replacing the coilovers and putting some 15x8.5 steel rims from diamond racing with some stretched 185 45 tires on the car, as well as replacing the fog lights and taillights, and upgrading the sound system. Then when that is all said and done, putting and OEM lip kit on it and repainting the entire car a nice VW silver.

Any comments or tips, or just a friendly hello is always appreciated =]

Im very excited to be a corrado owner and expect this car to be a lot of fun for me to work on and drive for years to come

[ATTACH=CONFIG]46522[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH=CONFIG]46523[/ATTACH]

Welcome aboard :) Always great to get new folks on here from the USA (not that many of you on here.. we're mostly UK based!).

Good to hear this car is going to get some TLC. The only thing I'd advise is wide wheels ruin the handling on the Corrado. You ideally want something OE'ish in terms of size and fitment to get the very best out of the car. But I look forward to seeing your progress and some pictures.

hello and welcome along, sounds like you're getting things checked out okay with the to do list is growing :)

well the reason for going with the wider 15's is im going to be rolling the fenders as well as putting some pretty stout coilovers and new sway bars in it and taking it to do some auto-x.

Red does work well on the Corrado.. just like the other flat colours (like white).. you just need to make sure all the trim is nice and glossy black and not faded and the paint as polished / non-oxidised as you can make it, otherwise it just makes the car look really tired!!

Good to see another Yank over here. They're really nice here huh? All the noob's on the forum I usually lurk on get jumped. Anyway good to see another SoCal owner. I'm up in Dana Point.

Cheers!

Greetings from Dublin, Ireland.

I have some relations living in San Diego - very nice place!

Nice to see another G60 saved. Good luck with project.

So I need to replace my oil pump and my water pump ive discovered, my oil pressure starts dropping to almost 10psi at an idle after ive driven around a bit, and my water pump has a small leak... *sigh* the adventure under the hood begins...

Greetings and welcome to the forum, and good luck with the G60. I have just been out in San Francisco for a week, and was wondering whether there were any Corrados in California. Looks like there are :)

an now greetings from Spain :)

i lived in SD for 6 yrs, great place to live and even better to own a vw, lots of parts and great prices, combined with the best weather and great roads around. I will be in SD next month visiting some friends

it really feels like a 2nd home to me.

enjoy the corrado ownership and living with a G ladder

an now greetings from Spain :)

I will be in SD next month visiting some friends

maybe we could meet up and grab a brew, always cool to meet another raddo owner