Andy665

Hoping someone might be able to help with an Alfa V6 problem

Alfa forums are like morgues so thought I'd try here in the hope that someone might be able to suggest something.

The Alfa has acquired a misfire - it runs individual coil packs (£90 a throw).

Changed MAF, plugs and crank sensor (all were on the "to do" list anyway) and still there

Acquired a used but tested set of coil packs and changed them over - misfire still there but have isolated the problem area to be cylinder number 3. Every time a perfect coil pack is put there and car is started the coil pack cracks - I honestly have not got a clue what the problem is / may be

Any ideas / suggestions gratefully received?

not sure as to what the cure is but have you tried any fiat forums such as Fiat Coupe Forum? some of the stuff on GTV's and coupes are similar so it may be worth a shot there?

sorry cant be of much help though.

Coil pack cracks?! Hmmm... What condition is the associated plug in? The earth should be the ignition of the plug, so I would hope the condition of the plug would be the indicator. Unless there is another unwanted earth, causing a misfire and heating up the coilpack? If it's happening with various packs, then I would hope that would eliminate the pack therefore need to look upstream or downstream.

Only thought is if there is a software program with cable for Fiat/Alfa?

All sorted, discovered a small split in the insulation of the wiring to the coil pack plug, obviously creating a short - re-wrapped and running better than its ever done