James14100

A sad realisation

I used to do a 70 mile per day commute in my g60 - 200 bhp and i'm not light footed.. I'd get 35mpg most days. Somethings wrong with your fuelling, or you only have 2nd gear!

My situation is now very different to yours so can't really appreciate it, however weekend toy and passat tdi daily is the way forward - you will still save money.

Yeah I did have a fueling issue which I think I've not sorted. Just its drained me so much. I wasn't meant to be buying something that needed work but it ended up that way, done the SC, the TB's, cambelt, all filters, oil service all myself and if something else goes wrong i think i'll want to crash it into a tree lol

When my T4 died recently, I bought an old Passat TDi for less than £800. Its done 200k miles with lots of work carried out. I was spending about £80-85 per week on fuel in the VR, this dropped to around £40 in the Passat. Doing very rough maths, the Passat becomes a free car in about 6 months from savings in fuel costs. Agreed with above posts, you don't need to spend big money on a newer car that will drop like a stone in value over the period of ownership.

I know someone who has an LPG G40 so I dont see why LPG on a G60 should be a problem.

i have just accuired a mk3 tdi for the pricey sum of £50 (with £20 of diesel in tank!) 120k on clock, needed to spend another £50 getting through mot. ok its a bit tatty around the edges but it drives like a 50k motor, if i have to this every year or so big deal at least i can keep me G and not have to worry about feul costs rising (for now any way) woth considering