Macdaddy

Headlight refurb

My drivers side headlight isnt that hot tbh, Beam pattern and also poor output.

Upgraded loom is now bought thanks to ebay and i'll be buying new bulbs too.

The reflective surface inside the headlights on its way out i think. Has anyone refurbed these or stuck reflective sheeting to it ?

Or do most people just put up with it? I dont really fancy spending £50 per old headlight when they arent really going to be in much better condition.

This has come up several times. There is a place in Birmingham, which we came across by way of (I think) an MG forum. Certain models of MG suffered badly from the reflective coating on the headlights failing and becoming dangerous.

http://www.dual-metallising.co.uk/

According to the MG forum post, price for refurbishment was £70 per pair of reflectors including the cost of return postage. I get the impression it's not something you can easily do "at home" so it's either pony up for professional refurbishment or buy new reflectors basically!

Ok thanks, Well that answers that.

I'd rather pay for them refurbed as its cheaper than a 2nd hand pair.

Indeed. And second hand, you never know what you're getting really. At least refurbished, they should be as good as new!

Ive done some digging and found a company in Germany that supply them new................... 148 Euros each !!!!

Think i'll see what difference the loom/bulbs make and look at a refurb if needed.

Each unfortunatly... since then VAT and VW prices have gone up but you should be able to get a pair for £250

I personally wouldn't bother refurbing while you can still get new - cases, surrounds, adjusters and lenses as well as the reflectors

Each unfortunatly... since then VAT and VW prices have gone up but you should be able to get a pair for £250

I personally wouldn't bother refurbing while you can still get new - cases, surrounds, adjusters and lenses as well as the reflectors

£70 vs £250 to achieve the same results though is a bit of a bitter pill to swallow..