captainredeye

MOT fail, hazard lights not in phase, come again????

Just had the car in for the mot and has failed on the( offside hazard warning lamps not flashing in phase, with ignition on/off), now the lights work and when the ignition is on you get the clicking and when switching on the hazard lights they click also but i have noticed they dont click at the same time.

Any one had this problem or know how to solve it as it all seems a little stupid to me.

Cheers Ben

They are flashing in sync as far as i can tell, i have just phoned the garage again to ask them and its a fault the computer came up with so its almost like they dont know either.

I will check your suggestion so thanks for that just hope it works

The computer came up with it? Thats BS - the computer comes up with what they tell it! I thought it sounded a bit suss. The computer will give them a list of common or pre-programmed (by Vosa) faults that they can select from for each different area (lighting, suspension, etc etc), or they can put in their own description. They have obviously seen (or imagined) something wrong and selected a description which has little, if anything, in common with what the problem is.

If the hazards are all flashing together, both lights in the dash are flashing, and they continue to behave in the same way with ignition on or off then they should pass. I would call the garage and ask to speak to the person who tested it and ask them to explain exactly what is wrong. If they can't explain then take the car back and ask them to show you exactly what it is doing that it shouldn't, then report back and we can fault-find it :)

Well i will be going back in on monday, had my dad and a mate on the drive with all 3 of us scratching our heads it just dont make sense, guy in the garage said he would have to look at the car to find the fault, i really dont see one so what you said makes sense.

Think they expected me to say carry on and you fix it $$$$$

Will report back on monday when a little more light is shed on the subject.

Have just got back from the garage with a passed MOT the hazard lights when i got home were working so this is why i was scratching my head. Apparently the lights did not come on, on the offside when tested hence the fault.

Dont know if its just one of those intermittent corrado things or the mot tester was having a bad day either way the car is ready for another year.\

Cheers for the help