swiftkid

Immobiliser problem

Hoping to get a bit of assistance from someone, just recently finished my OBD2 conversion and it was working fine until thursday night. Went for a quick run nothing mad, just seeing what it was like, so i was cruising through town and the temp started to shoot up, got to 116-118 degrees which was very very strange, so parked up to let it cool down but the fan after run didn't come on which I thought was a bit strange.

Went to turn the car back on and the immobiliser kicked in, ran vagcom on it and it came up with 00546 - Data Communication Line Faulty.

First question is, does anyone know a way of problem solving as my knowledge with electronics is not so good, I've been told its something to do with wires between the transponder and the ECU. I've cleaned up the earth on the transponder and tried it on different pins, i've tried a different halo, WD40'd the connections but still nothing. Ideally I'd like to keep the factory immobiliser but its my daily and I really can't be without it for long.

Second question, does anyone know where I should be looking to sort the fan after run out? I read somewhere about having to put a 12v feed from somewhere but can't find what needs doing.

Thanks in advance to anyone that can help out!