Jon_vr6

How not to load a car onto a truck

WTF! Did they have the YT guy behind the wheel or something?!

This made me laugh. When i worked at a car garage, we had an old 50's Alfa Romeo drop top (apparently Eric Clapton owner it once) in for an advert that was being filmed. It was manual, but had a shifter on the steering column and I was the only one that worked out how to drive it.

Anyway, after filming was over, the transporter came for it. I drove it round and the guy asked me if I was happy to drive it on. I said yes, so we lined up and I drove her on. The ramps were steep and the rear wheels kicked them off, and the car was left hanging off the back.

I couldn't believe it. I was stuck pressing the brakes for an hour until the workshop rigged up some wood and stuff. Ended up winching it on the rest of the way.

In hindsight, it should never have been driven on, but for me at 19, I never thought. Fortunately my boss blamed the transporter driver. And Mr Clark never found out his Alfa almost met an untimely end!

Anyway, had it been video'd, it would have featured amongst the great 'Doh' moments!

---------- Post added at 10:34 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:33 PM ----------

*This car actually!

http://1.2.3.12/bmi/www.ultimatecarpage.com/images/thumbs/1623/Alfa-Romeo-6C-2500-SS-Pinin-Farina-Cabriolet_1.jpg