mjcp

Good recovery by Windrush VW Slough/M'head

Called the Parts department this morning at 09:03... ring ring ring etc then get the switchboard. They take my name and number and parts details and say "someone will call back".

Still no call back as of 14:30, so call back... same thing happens.

Still no call back as of 17:23, so I call back... same thing happens. This time I ask if the Dealer principle is in (remember this is half five on a Friday afternoon). Apparently he was, though "with someone/busy", would I like him to call me back? Yes please I say.

Got a call from a mobile at 1753, the MD on the line, how could he help? :thumbleft:

Explained the situation: "I needed a small part for an old dub, I realise there may be some problem in house but just thought he should be aware of my experience, in case middle management were being "yes men" and covering their asses."

He was very apologetic and said I'd have a call Saturday am if that was OK? I said thanks, have a good weekend.

5 mins later, the phone rings he has spoken with both his sites and the parts manager will be calling imminently.

10 mins later the phone rings again. The parts manager is on the line and parts are on their way.

Well recovered Mr. Windrush! Turns out they were down 4 staff today, leaving 1 member at each site.

Marc

---------- Post added at 07:43 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:20 PM ----------

And he just called again, at twenty to eight on a Friday night, to see if I'd had the call ... +2!

nice one its good to know they still want to look after the old dubs . reading this with you mentioning windrush reminds me of the old days living round there !.......still want to stay well clear of slough though ! lol