rixy

ABS Problem - VAG COM screen sprint......

Hi peeps, we've got a raddo in at work, that im doing some paintwork on, and the chap wants me to get everything up and running properly. he has an ABS issue, front right ABS sensor (which is on order, and will be here monday) but he also has the following fault code on VAG Com....

absvagcom.jpg

Whats it likely to be? I've been told its most probably an Internal Pump problem? No wirries if so, as i have a spare pump in the garage, but just wanted an opinion first??

Have you tried disconneting the electrical connector on the front of the ABS valve block/pump unit? Apply some WD40 and work the connector.

yeah, i've tried that, and it makes no difference......so does that mean new pump, and a complete bleed thru of the braking system then? if so, i'll get on with it one evening this week :-)

Been doing anything with the brakes recently? Like backing off the caliper pistons?

I had this for a while and it seemed to be temperature and connector related - a good clean up of the connector, and a proper bleed ign of the pump seems to have sorted it - having said that, I'm sure it will be back as soon as I hit "post" on this.... lol;

not as far as i know, the brakes dont look to be have been touched for a while? I'll clean and check the connector again tonight if i get chance, and see if that makes any difference?

fixed this now, ended up changing the pump, and the light went off straight away :-) cheers for the advice peeps.....