Sam.l

Rally lights

Does anyone know if it's possible to stick golf rallye headlights into a corrado? is it a big job, am guessing that a set of rallye lights aren't going to be that cheap, but I'm sure I've seen corrado's with this done!

Thanks.

they wont bolt straight in. but you could make them fit, question is after all the work and expense will it look any good? or worth the difference

You can make them fit, they don't look right and need a custom grill made for them.

The light output is just as bad as Rado lights also.

You should take a look at the InPro headlights at Venom Motorsport. They fit straight in, have projectors same as the Rallye ones and in my view look a lot better.

Light output is still a bit crap, but they do look better

Crystal

Black

Inpro projector headlights,proper xenon bulbs and uprated headlight loom=laser beam lights that you can actually see where your driving!!they dont look bad either and OEM fit!

Rallye headlights are narrower i believe, ill get a pic of my rado next to my mates rallye next time he brings it to work

Ah ok then. Not really sure myself, was just curious. The inpro lights have the angel eye rings around them aswell don't they? Not really a fan of the look of those. Maybe I've seen pics of customised corrado lights or something. Is it abdul's twilight violet corrado on here, the lights on his car in his avatar looked like rallye lights as they had a spotlight shaped light on the outer with squared full beam lights. Maybe I'm being a bit dumb, but curious none the less!

Even just the uprated head light loom will give you improved beams. The existing lights work fine, it's just the voltage drop from the battery to the head light that produces such poor beam output.

With up-rated loom and some new xeon bulbs you'll not need inpro lights. (i'm with you Sam, they look gash)

Alexg60fanatic, I couldnt agree more! I'm on the hunt for an uprated loom at the mo, wanted a dg auto tech one but they've stopped making them. Gutted! I was ideally looking for something that looked original but tweaked, hence the rallye light idea. I've already started customising the standard lights so after an uprated loom and then I'd be happy.

i remember seeing a picture of a rado on here with rallye lights, it didnt look very good. but saying that the whole car looked like it went through halfrauds

I run standard lights with an uprated loom and Xenon bulbs and they are great 8) Apart from my eyeballs being the same height as everyone elses headlights :(

What loom have you used andy-h? Have you had any problems? I.e water damage, electrical shorts etc.

What loom have you used andy-h? Have you had any problems? I.e water damage, electrical shorts etc.

I bought a loom from here off VR6. A good quality, expensive one and apart from water damage in one of the relays because of where I mounted it at first, absolutely fine 8).

Just make sure you buy the best quality one you can ;). They will make your lights do this 8)

Picture377.jpg

(before I fitted the xenon bulbs!!)

ive HAD to buy inpro lights because they no longer stock the plastic reflector on the normal lights in the stealers and only way to get my car through MOT because my ones have next to no reflective surface

Alexg60fanatic, I couldnt agree more! I'm on the hunt for an uprated loom at the mo, wanted a dg auto tech one but they've stopped making them. Gutted! I was ideally looking for something that looked original but tweaked, hence the rallye light idea. I've already started customising the standard lights so after an uprated loom and then I'd be happy.

Look up a forum member called "kur2y". He makes looms for corrado's and they are as good as the dg looms except you don't get the bright red enclosure for the relays. But I got him to make me a relay case from an enclosure I got from screwfix for a few quid. Check out my thread for pictures of the loom. Cost about £70 delivered

ive HAD to buy inpro lights because they no longer stock the plastic reflector on the normal lights in the stealers and only way to get my car through MOT because my ones have next to no reflective surface

Can you not just re-silver the reflectors btw? As in paint them silver?

Thanks Alex, yeah ive seen Kur2y's looms for sale on here but was always dubious as there wasnt any kind of enclosure and although lots of peeps havnt had any probs i just wanted something that wasnt going to short out or get damaged due to using the car daily, hence the dg looms with their enclosed casing for the relays. Though like you said, i may look into getting some kind of enclosure and getting Kur2y to sort one out for me. Where would you suggest mounting it to reduce any chance of damage?

Thanks Alex, yeah ive seen Kur2y's looms for sale on here but was always dubious as there wasnt any kind of enclosure and although lots of peeps havnt had any probs i just wanted something that wasnt going to short out or get damaged due to using the car daily, hence the dg looms with their enclosed casing for the relays. Though like you said, i may look into getting some kind of enclosure and getting Kur2y to sort one out for me. Where would you suggest mounting it to reduce any chance of damage?

If you get him to mount the fuses and the relays in an enclosure it shouldn't really matter where you put them, so long as you can get to them if you need to change a fuse/relay. I've not put mine in yet but i will be mounting mine next to the battery, on the inside of the passenger wing. I'll have to take the battery out to get to them in the future but you need to disconnect the battery to work on the loom anyway so it's no big deal. Also, if you cut the plugs off the current loom and fit spade terminals to the existing wires (just to keep you lights working until the new loom is ready) Kurl2y can use these on the new loom, keeping the oem look and reducing the chance of corrosion on the terminals.

This is what Kurl2y did for me.... If you read my thread though you'll note that he didn't manage to get the fuses in the same case as the relays took up to much room.

http://the-corrado.net/showthread.php?44782-Alex-s-G60-Mistress-He-s-only-gone-and-bloody-bought-it/page14

Post number #139

Edited by Alex_G60_Fanatic

What bulbs you guys using with the uprated loom? Links? :)

Halfords where selling their "Super Brilliance" bulbs for buy one get one free a while ago. That's what I use and they're pretty white and very bright.

If you read my thread though you'll note that he didn't manage to get the fuses in the same case as the relays took up to much room.

Micro relays - http://www.simtekuk.co.uk/www.simtekuk.co.uk/info.php?p=17&pno=0&pid=1809802&cat=229542&ack=9&search=&sought=

Mini fuses - http://www.simtekuk.co.uk/www.simtekuk.co.uk/info.php?p=17&pno=0&pid=1603471&cat=130544&ack=9&search=&sought=

I cannot emphasise the importance of keeping the relays and fuses water tight enough. In fact I would go as far as saying unsealed looms should be banned unless they get proper type approval for car use.

I cannot emphasise the importance of keeping the relays and fuses water tight enough. In fact I would go as far as saying unsealed looms should be banned unless they get proper type approval for car use.

If you get him to mount the fuses and the relays in an enclosure it shouldn't really matter where you put them, so long as you can get to them if you need to change a fuse/relay.

I popped my fuses in a ip65 rated enclosure kev, i agree completely with your sentiments.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]46917[/ATTACH]

Edited by Alex_G60_Fanatic

Can you not just re-silver the reflectors btw? As in paint them silver?

Cant alex but you can have them re-mirrored (believe me ive tried!) A company does them but id only use them if i had no option left(£40 per reflector).

Perfectly honest i quite like the inpro(mines actually not inpro,mines made by a company called MBT but look very simalar) because the projection beam is better in my opinion.But im sure other people will disagree

I didnt really buy them for styling,just for their practical use