stu37

Increasing center bore for Subaru wheels...?????? HELP!!!!

Hi guys just a quick one I luckily picked up a set of wheels I have wanted for a long time (OZ exclusives in 5x100 7j x 17).

My firstly problem came about when the guy lied through his teeth regarding offset...

Spacers bought for the back and when offered up in my blind faith flaired up another problem... bore diameter.

Because the wheels are OZ (in Subaru fitment) not Subaru's own wheels I believed that they would have used a bigger bore to accomodate use on a variety of cars but this does not appear to be the case.

I have offered my hubcentric spacer up to the wheel and clearly appears to me the 1mm out.

I am obviously faced with one of two options.. either

1) Get the spacers turned down on the hubcentric locating ring by 1mm or

2) have the bore of the wheel increased by 1mm??

I have checked the sizing for the wheel bolts and it happily accomodates the M14 VW bolts with no need for drilling.

Either way these wheels have been too much of a faf already and I can just see it getting worse by the minute!!

Any advise guys would be much appreciatted or similar experiances shared.

Many thanks in advance. :)

I'd machine the wheels to suit. Pretty easy for a decent machine shop, and then you have no worries about custom bits on the car.

Thanks for the reply!! I have been reading bits and pieces and my concerns have been raised about running spacers in the first place. With 20mm rears (40mm) total track and 15mm spacers (30mm) up front am I likely to destroy my wheel bearings in a short time?

Many thanks again guys.