bobbymkII

corrado 2.0 9a 16v ...now running but flat spot at about 5k

my corrado has been off road for months now have all new brakes ,,,fuel pump etc etc....so took it out tonight to give it a proper run in..once got temp up...gave it some full on ...and as you try and accelerate hard as it hits 5k revs it kinda goes flat for a split second almost like hitting rev limiter...apart from that it drives and stops like it should...and ticks over perfect...if anybody can point me in right direction as to what this may be ...as need gone asap as just want my rado running perfect again...

took car back out its not a flat spot it hits rev limit at about 5.5k....have done loads of searching and nothing ....is it possible my ecu has lost its memory some how as car sat with not battery for months...put it all back together and just noticed this yesterday as had not really driven car that hard but thought id give it a good bashing ...and weird drives perfect apart from hitting limit way to early...has anybody had this on a 9a 16v???? anybody have a clue how to fix???

I have the same problem at the moment, I discovered that it's under fuelling, I'm in the process of sourcing a new fuel pump but you say you had changed yours. Have you checked the WOT switch is working? It's possibly still running closed loop at full throttle and so not getting enough fuel. I thought this was my problem but it turns out the switch is fine. :(

guys gys guys. you obviously didn't read my thread. My valver did EXACTLY this. Turned out to be the ignition coil. Swap it now, thank me later.

My thread link for info:

http://the-corrado.net/showthread.php?37418-Project-Plum-UNI-IS-FINISHED!!!11!!!-End-of-an-era&p=517560&highlight=ignition+coil#post517560

---------- Post added at 10:47 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:47 PM ----------

the wot switch wouldn't stop it revving, you could still rev to the redline on part throttle :D

guys gys guys. you obviously didn't read my thread. My valver did EXACTLY this. Turned out to be the ignition coil. Swap it now, thank me later.

My thread link for info:

http://the-corrado.net/showthread.php?37418-Project-Plum-UNI-IS-FINISHED!!!11!!!-End-of-an-era&p=517560&highlight=ignition+coil#post517560

---------- Post added at 10:47 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:47 PM ----------

the wot switch wouldn't stop it revving, you could still rev to the redline on part throttle :D

nice one buddy will give that a bash first as i know a man who has 3 or 4 spare...sweet..

Ahh, a misunderstanding of the problem. Mine does rev to the red line. Its just lacking oomph up there as its underfuelling.

I might start a thread about my problems separately. (Vehicular and not psychological ones!)