rixy

Problems bleeding brakes????

Hi ther,e i;ve just changed the ABS pump on a VR6 we have in at work, as the one on it was faulty. The fault has now gone, but obviously i need to bleed the brakes up again.

Do i bleed the brakes starting from the 2x bleed nipples on the new ABS pump? then go to nearside rear, offside rear, nearside front, then offside front?

Only reason im asking is, because i've bled them up today, as above, and the pedal feels awful, its hard when the engien is off, but as soon as the engine is started, the pedal goes about 1/3 down before any resistance is felt?

What the best way to get rid of any air on the system?

The Corrado brakes are always a pain to bleed. Ive always done each wheel first starting with the one furthest away from the master cylinder, then do the ABS pump, then theres another in the master cylinder. Failing that if you can get it to VW they can get them how they should be so i hear.

Bleed the brakes as you have described but don't forget to bleed the brake master cylinder as well as you progress through the system. ABS cars are infamous for there probs with achieving a good pedal post works of this nature. Using a good quality pressure bleeder can help, but sometimes despite the secondary problems it can cause the old manual bleed technique sometimes cracks the issue. Once you are sure the air is bled out, whatever pedal state you have will

Improve over the course of a weeks use. Clearly you will need to test drive the car before release to ensure it is safe, long pedal travel and spongy feel are not uncommon, but as I say this will typically improve with use and return to normal after a week. Hope this helps you.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Every dealer I have ever spoken to or worked for in the past would throw their hands in the air with despair at Corrado ABS brake bleeding! when I was at dealer I got the rotten job. I have had these systems bleed out perfectly post works, but there are allways the troublesome types with which you have to persist.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Ok, thanks, i'll try this again tomorrow then, and do MS aswel. The brakes work really well, they just feel horible. Is it worth using the car a couple of times and then re bleeding them then? or will they just settle on their own~??

Thnks for ur help :-)