stevef182

Are these a genuine DDI product?

I bought these recently, and I think there has been a genuine and simple misunderstanding, however I was sold them under the pretence they were genuine DDI gauge rings

However, from what I have seen in the past genuine DDI gauge rings

a) sit raised from the platsic facia (mine sit recessed about 2mm)

b) do not have a 'dent' centred at the bottom of the largest dial ring (mine have a dent)

c) do not block any of the markings on the gauge face themselves (mine partially blocks the fuel pump symbol & the thermometer symbol as well as a lot of the markings)

d) are almost touching at their closest points - 1/4 of a tank of fuel and 35mph on the speedo and 130mph and 1500 rpm (mine are miles apart due to being recessed inside the hole for the gauge face.

However, this is only what I can tell from looking at pics from the DDI site and various photos on here and I dont want to kick up a fuss if im wrong... Do these look like DDI gauge rings to you, or an imitation??

Mmm they dont look like genuine ones i'm afraid mate,like you said when i did a group buy years ago on here none of them had a dent in the middle of them, and they sat on the outer rim of the cluster and sat proud.

who did you buy them off??

Here's my genuine ddi gauges and surrounds.. defo look different..

[ATTACH=CONFIG]47005[/ATTACH]

yep they are 100% genuine ones

---------- Post added at 11:53 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:51 PM ----------

these look like the ones you were sold as genuine DDI rings http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/VW-CORRADO-T4-TRANSPORTER-PASSAT-ALLOY-RINGS-SURROUNDS-/300423286768?pt=UK_CarsParts_Vehicles_CarParts_SM&hash=item45f29f8ff0 how much did you pay for them??

[/color]these look like the ones you were sold as genuine DDI rings http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/VW-CORRADO-T4-TRANSPORTER-PASSAT-ALLOY-RINGS-SURROUNDS-/300423286768?pt=UK_CarsParts_Vehicles_CarParts_SM&hash=item45f29f8ff0 how much did you pay for them??

£30, but then later I did a deal on the whole instrument cluster as well so its a bit difficult. Its from a chap on here, and he seems like a good guy but he is adament that they are DDI. I am almost 100% sure they are not.

The ebay ones above are different to mine as well, they fit without glue (there is an instructuonal video on youtube)

Mine im sure are an even cheaper ebay job. I bought some about 4 years ago for my old valver from german ebay for about £10 and they were identical to the ones i received yesterday.

The difference between yours and mine though is night and day, im hoping the chap on here will see that and realise, but if not maybe dropping a line to DDI is a good idea.

In the meantime, any more pics for comparisson would be great.

Just a note to say that I`m the seller in question. I was sold these as genuine items a while ago, never used them and so relisted them as such.

I can understand from the pictures why steve may think they are not genuine, so as a gesture of goodwill i have offered him a discount on his purchase price to bring the total price of the cluster to reasonable level. Hopefully with no hard feelings

Thanks Paul, I have received your PM and have replied. Thank you for the goodwill gesture. No hard feelings at all.

i think yours look very smart Steve, just being objective on the aesthetics, the dent in the ring gives a nice touch. I believe all the gauge rings are a similar price (DDI, German suppliers etc) although there are a couple of different versions. Dont think you're kicking up a fuss, just asking a question.

Just to add - nice gesture by Hombre Paulo

Hasan,

I also agree they look nice, the only thing I dont like is that they cover quite a lot of the markings on the dial.

However, I have bought these before for about £10-15 I think, any imitations are a LOT cheaper than the DDI ones (which are north of £70 i believe)

But as you said, a good gesture from Paul has solved the issue.

Glad its all resolved.

On a seperate note I'm about to list some lupo/tt wipers. I`m not sure if they are tt or lupo any idea how to tell the difference?

It's good to see everything being worked out amicably !

I recently bought a Denon amp on flea-bay, it was listed as excellent condition, when it arrived it looked like it had 12 rounds with Mike Tyson with dents & scratches and only worked on one channel, this is when i noticed the screw were missing from the casing so someone had tried to fix it and failed.The seller told me after viewing the pics i sent him that i shouldn't buy items on fleabay if i wanted brand new condition items in return ! Eventually Fleabay stated i could pay to send the amp back and recieve a refund on the item but not delivery or return postage meaning a £15 loss, no-one was interested when i rejected this and even my feedback left for the seller led to me getting a libel court action threat, i told him to 'bring it on' !

When you consider how many real liars there are on flea-bay that are just out to rip people off and the next to useless 'protection' offered by Ebay , it can make you not want to go near the site but for lots of parts and deals we don't have a lot of choice for these old cars.

All credit to both parties concerned.