NewbridgeJob

Silkolene 10w50

Ordered myself some of this from Opie oils (25% off this weekend) got 6 litres for £60 so bit pricey but after just changing the oil and filter I'm absolutely stunned at how good this is.

My VR runs so smooth now and the engine and chains have quietened right down. They were quite rattley before and were only changed about 6 month ago but now they're more or less silent.

It ran like a bag of bollocks before but totally different to how it was only an hour ago

I'd recommend this to everyone. I know this sounds like I work for Opie oils or silkolene but i don't, honest.

Hope it works out for you, because recommended oil for a VR6 is 15w40. What you've bought will be a bit thin when cold, and a bit too thick when warmed up.

What were you using before? "Running like a bag of bollocks" isn't instructive - was it down on power, or clattering or what?

Quite rattley and just generally ran poor. Recommended oil fair enough, but plenty of people on here have sworn by 10w50 and thats why i used it. Theres been a few threads on here talking about it. Absolutely top notch so far.

I think the better running after an oil change is coincidental mate but VR6s absolutely love 10W/50 Silkolene. If anyone needs proof, I can show you some mint bores after 60K's exclusive use of it.

IMO it's the best oil there is at that price point.

10W/40 is the standard 12 and 24V VR6 oil specification for the UK. 50 weight when hot does it no harm what so ever.

I think the better running after an oil change is coincidental mate but VR6s absolutely love 10W/50 Silkolene. If anyone needs proof, I can show you some mint bores after 60K's exclusive use of it.

IMO it's the best oil there is at that price point.

10W/40 is the standard 12 and 24V VR6 oil specification for the UK. 50 weight when hot does it no harm what so ever.

Possibly a coincidence! Does seem to run a lot better though but perhaps it just feels smoother because its a lot less rattley now. Totally agree with what you're saying, my VR seems to absolutely love the stuff