TimDoc

93 VR6 running lumpy - any ideas

Car was running fine til about a week ago

Previously, car ran lumpy about a year ago, VagCom'd it and it threw up a short to earth, checked all the wiring and found a plug in the back of the fusebox was slightly out, pushed in and problem sorted.

This time, suddenly started running lumpy, idles badly, fine when revs are higher, but minimal bph getting through to the wheels. Pup pup puping at the exhaust. checked out the fuse box - fuse 15 had blown. Replaced with 10a fuse and disconnected the battery for 10 minutes. No change.

Disconnected the MAF and engine stalled straight away.

Oil, coolant etc all fine. HT leads all attached fine. Plugs changed around 8 months again.

Gonna vagcom it at the next chance and see whats going on.

Any suggestions?

Will an ECU reset help at all?

when i brought my VR the previous owner had ideling problems with it, he thought it was the isv, but when i brought it from him it was ideling fine, wasnt untill i washed my bonnet with a hose that i found out why it had ideling problems, water was flowing down the electric cable and into the maf connection plug, so just adjusted the routing and dryed out the plug a quick squirt of wd40 and boom its sound idels fine! i probably should replace the plug seals but its ok for now. coil pack?

Thanks for the reply mate. Coil pack looks fine, no cracks etc. Maf connector seems dry.

Are VR6s meant to stall when the maf is removed or just to run lumpy??