joby

Fk top mounts. Any good

Need to replace my top mounts and im not paying vw prices and theres only 5 left in the country as there deleted items now, So has anyone any experience with fk ones as the febi ones i bought lasted about 3 months, Dont mix with uprated suspension!!

Dealer items are the best to have from my experience. So if you are not prepared to pay for quality parts, it's a somewhat pointless task asking that which you will allready know from having fitted poor quality pattern items previously. Dealer items will last for many years, pattern dross only months, it's a no brainer! Dealer parts are cheap, in repect to service life.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Totaly agree but just thought the fk ones were an uprage, at £57 a piece from vw and the fact that i only put about a thousand miles a year on the car surely you see my point

you could change the spring top plates and use the later (mk3 golf) style top mounts (separate bearing and bushing), you could then use pattern bushes and VW bearings if you wanted.

Ah thanks david, so just get the spring top plates and use the vr6 top mounts then

Thanks david, also can you tell me when changing the anti roll bar bushes do i place the jack under the subframe and slacken the subframe bolts off just enough to lower the subframe to release the bushes

Thanks

Yep, did my 8v roll bar bushes recently, I had an engine support beam but did basically as you describe, but thinking about it I only had to drop the subframe a bit as I wanted to remove the roll bar to paint it. You might only need to undo the little bush clamp and not touch the subframe at all.