Sign in to follow this  
john_wintle

Want to hear a nice 16vG60 noise......

Mmmmmm.... Vrrooooom Vrroooommm... 8) :lol:

Nice sound that car's got... it's just as nice inside it too! ;) 8)

The second 'rado didn't sound too shabby either... 8)

Wow - the noise of the charger is really distinctive!

Sounds great!! :D

Oi you, that second car was mine, lol.

Were you there then Henny?

PM me mate.

Erm, I'm in Cheshire... It's a bit of a trek for me to get to that meeting... ;) :roll: (around 275 miles each way! :crazyeyes: )

I did it once to pick up my new block from John M, but I doubt I'll do it again for a while... Although saying that, it'd be a good way to put some bedding in milage onto her pretty quickly! :idea: ;) :lol:

Your motor does sound nice.... just not quite as nice as Johns :wink: 8)

the 1st one sounds like it has a dumpvalve. Is this how all 16v G60's sound or does it have a G-werks type boost return kit on it or something?? Down sound very smart 8)

the 1st one sounds like it has a dumpvalve. Is this how all 16v G60's sound or does it have a G-werks type boost return kit on it or something?? Down sound very smart 8)

Somehow I doubt it'll have any G-werks kit on it at all... ;) John runs his own tuning/servicing company JMRacing (who I used for my block work on my new 1940cc G60 engine, and all the gas flowing).

His 16VG60 also runs twin inlets and has the boost return plumbed back in to one of the inlets via a very nice trick airbox... 8) It's a seriously nice piece of kit... I've got a few photos from Inters last year of it and I'll stick a couple up tonight when I get home... 8)

Yeah wouldn't mind having a good look Henny as it does look like a very clean car! :)

Somehow I doubt it'll have any G-werks kit on it at all... ;) John runs his own tuning/servicing company JMRacing (who I used for my block work on my new 1940cc G60 engine, and all the gas flowing).

His 16VG60 also runs twin inlets and has the boost return plumbed back in to one of the inlets via a very nice trick airbox... 8) It's a seriously nice piece of kit... I've got a few photos from Inters last year of it and I'll stick a couple up tonight when I get home... 8)

LOL I asked does it have a G-werks type boost return kit on it, or is it a dumper? :D

hmmm. nice loud popping on each gear change. I LOVE this car. Just need to win the lottery to do the conversion to mine! :D

LOL I asked does it have a G-werks type boost return kit on it, or is it a dumper? :D

Oh yes, so you did... sorry... :oops: Ah well, John gets a free plug from me then ;)

Or should it be a G-werks type boost return kit based on the one from John's car.........duck....LOL!

John.

LOL :D That was the only one I knew. So it is a boost return making the piiitiisssh then?? Sounds wicked

Go on Henny.......

just once. call your engine a 1.9......

john_wintle, what company banner was that developed under then??? johns only yeah?

how about you try NOT ducking.

he-he, he-he. :roll:

Or should it be a G-werks type boost return kit based on the one from John's car.........duck....LOL!

John.

Both ideas were nicked off my G40 running no boost return... LOL. darn!!! Knew I should have patented it! :lol:

hmmm. nice loud popping on each gear change. I LOVE this car. Just need to win the lottery to do the conversion to mine! :D

Don't need to win the lottery. Just helping a lad finish off a 16v G60 he is doing on 2.5k budget and cutting no corners either, so you don't need big cash at all to go down this route if you choose.

John.

LOL :D That was the only one I knew. So it is a boost return making the piiitiisssh then?? Sounds wicked

afaik john hated the boost return idea doesnt run it and never will as he said it wasn't good...

the blanking plates are all mine... and i have never seen anyone cnc machine ones like mine before ... :lol:

Bloody marvelous!!!! Excuse my 16v ignorance, but is a standard G60 far off the same sound? If comparable at all, I want one! :D :D :D There is a knob near me you can hear coming for miles in his allegedly souped up jap crap Honda, but that relies on exhaust noise, as per 'White Nova Boy', that G60 is pure beautiful engine grunt noise...wonderful!

The Bllox, saw the car at inters last year and my favourite car there. The engine bay is pure magic.

Wow.. now that is an impressive arrangement!!

I wonder how many hours have gone into that! :)

As I mentioned before, John uses a boost return as standard on a G60, however, it's plumbed into the back of a second airbox so that the charger is running a dual intake system... His car does not dump to air like the G-Werks/Pitstop systems... I'm not knocking any of these systems, especially 'cos I'm still toying with the idea of fitting a G-Werks blanking plate to my own car! I'm just pointing out what John's got on his car... 8)

Oh, and here's another photo from Inters 2003... you can just see the second (alloy) airbox behind the central latch on the slam panel... 8)

You know? One reason i'd love to have a 16vG60 is just so I could have on the front grille a 16v badge AND a G60 badge.. and then on the back have Supercharged16v !! :D