malaki

Can't fit rad or fans in properly wrong slam panel help help !!!!!

I have a 95 raddo vr6 I had a front Ender a lil while ago and have had a new front end fitted just fitted schrick inlet manifold and found that the radiator and fans are not secured to slam panel and they are touching the manifold and realised that they have used a non vr6 front panel and the rad won't secure at the top and the fan on the left is rubbing the manifold I really don't wanna change the front panel is there any one that can help with how I might get around this without jeopardise the engine cheers from malc.

They have stopped trading but have found that all that has been done is a non vr or early front slam panel has been fitted and need help to get around this problem of fans not fitting in the gap between the rad and the engine and securing the rad so it dosnt flap around

best method is to fit the correct slam panel, otherwise you could try and cut a hole into the existing panel and fit the vr6 securing bracket to the rad some how. wont look very good though.

Changing the slam panel is very easy, shouldn't cost must to have it resprayed too, you may even find one the right colour on some classifieds.

replacing the slam panel is quite a big job...Iam sure you have to remove the front bumper to get to some of the slam panel bolts on either side of the front wing when I had to do mine (dont forget to support the engine after removing the bolts from the bumper) . You also have to mess about with the bonnet cable release.

Have you got a pic of the problem.

Edited by VWVW

to fit the slam panel in properly its not a big job really its just messing with all the bit that are secured to it which can be pain in the ass. Im in process of fitting new rad today most of the front end is off my car now it just makes the job ten times easier plus u can see whats behind ther and do other small repairs that will ultimately keep your car on the road longer. its just good practice

I did that work in 20min... it isnt hard as you think just because you need to remove the bumper.

Me and a friend did it on about 20min... but then the car was already up on the jacks etc ;)