MH_dub

Turbo/supercharger price

Hi people I was just wondering wot the prices are lyk for a supercharger or a turbo but for the full coversion kit for a vr6 thanks very much :)

2nd hand vortech charger and all pipework etc etc £1500 to £2000, 2nd hand turbo kit yeh right lol, so you will have to pay for a new turbo conversion, do it yourself and trawrl through e-bay and you could do it for about 2k, if you have noooo idea how to use a spanner then about 4.5k for a kit to be fitted.

search for the dg turbo kit thread on here.

Stealth Turbo kit! Basically £5K min though for that.

Thanks for all the help and am still looking for a corrado just planing and budgeting the work am a vw apprentise and the garage master tec said he would help so just need to find the parts

If you're a garage apprentice then I presume you're pretty young.. I'd say that unless you're pretty rich you're wasting your time as trying to insure yourself on a Corrado VR6 with a turbo fitted (and likely pushing out 350BHP+) is going to be pretty difficult. I'm 30, have 10 years no claims and live in a quiet area and put my car on a driveway and pay £650 to insure a virtually standard Corrado VR6!! :(

I'm 30, have 10 years no claims and live in a quiet area and put my car on a driveway and pay £650 to insure a virtually standard Corrado VR6!! :(

Sounds expensive mate, I got quoted 500 fully comp and I'm 26 with 4 years no claims and live in a sh#t hole

Price range is very different, you can go cheap and end up with 2k set up which break asap or go for a proper kit but there prices are starting from 5k+. If you like to go up to 350 bhp, standard engine will be very reliable, might need con rods change, bu if you like to go 450+ bhp you need fully forged engine what will cost you circa 2,5k for parts only. Don't forget about brakes and proper suspension to put all the power on the road, another 2k. I'm collecting a proper parts for over a year to build my VRT and already have 10k+ bill for all the parts not including a car purchase. You can fit a charger for less than 2k and enjoy. You can fit 2k turbo kit and wait till it brake or you can spend a lot for a proper turbo kit and have a filling that you did something right. Your choice.

Thanks a think a might just supercharge and am going on a trade policy (as on paper a work for my m8 at his unit fixin cars on weekend). Turbo is to much for me just a supercharger will do cause a will still need brakes and suspension As mentioned before

there is a complete vortech v9 charger for sale on ed38 for £1500, it will need some bits modding as its for a golf but nothing to major.

karl