nicksxjr

Minor Central locking issue

Its bugged me from day of one of owning this corrado, i have three keys for a start.

one opens the drivers door another opens the passenger door and one starts the car,

however if i use the drivers door key on the drivers door it only opens that door, if i use the passenger door key in its relevant door it unlocks both doors and the boot and fuel flap.

so why would the central locking not work from the drivers door but it does from the passenger door?

also when i push the pin down in either side of the car it does not work the central looking.

i have no remote locking or alarm to confuse it.

can anyone shed some light?

Thanks in Advance

Inside the door there are 3 wires that come together in the central locking loom, mine had corrosion in that joint on both sides hence the central locking didn't work on both sides. You might have that problem on the driver side only.

It maybe that someones fitted a non central locking door handle as these are only £30 as opposed to £95!

Why you have different locks though is simply down to garages / previous owners being lazy - new handles come with new locks and keys for some reason even though it only takes minutes to swap the originals in.

i had a simular problem and it ended up being the micro switch inside the door handle, i ended up changing the complete handle, because i was lazy and couldn't be bothered to take it all apart at the time lol still ended up taking apart to change the barrel!!!

i had a simular problem and it ended up being the micro switch inside the door handle, i ended up changing the complete handle, because i was lazy and couldn't be bothered to take it all apart at the time lol still ended up taking apart to change the barrel!!!

Where can you get the micro switch from? Maplins?

The switch is built into the handle so I doubt very much these can be replaced, unless someone knows different, I've never heard of it being done.

i'm am not totally sure that it can be replaced, as i said i didn't bother, i will try and dig an old handle and have a look for you, as in where to get one if it is replaceable, i wouldn't know.