Sign in to follow this  
MickeyT

Knock sensor price

My local VW dealer has quoted me £48 for a knock sensor for my G60. The guy also said there are a couple of wires associated with the part that I may need to buy. Boosting the price to about £55-60. Does this price sound right, I've heard £38 mentioned in the past and do I really need the wires??

Dont want to pay the stealers any more than I have to :lol:

Not sure about any extra wires but the main (black) knock sensor wire should come with it.

Be extremely careful not to overtighten the new sensor - not sure of the precise tightening torque, maybe somebody else on here can help with that. If this sensor is overtightened, your car will run very badly.

i was in pricing exactly the same thing at my local dealer.....he gave me the same price, except the connectors are around a £1 each x2.

What symptoms do you have that make you think you need a new one? I am changing all of these things in prep for my change to stand alone engine management. Can you here pinking? or is it just tattie?

Not sure about any extra wires but the main (black) knock sensor wire should come with it.

Be extremely careful not to overtighten the new sensor - not sure of the precise tightening torque, maybe somebody else on here can help with that. If this sensor is overtightened, your car will run very badly.

15lbs ft.

If it is too tight it'll make it really sensitive and blunt your performance.

gavin

all you need is the knock sensor its self .. tell them its the one with the green plug for the pg block and should be around £40

i can give part no later if still needed

Cheers guys. The cars running fine at the mo but Darren checked it over a couple of weeks ago and suggested a new one so everythings tip top before the mods begin :lol: