joby

G60 caliper piston removal! How to its stuck

Anybody any ideas? The damn things are solid, tried to pump them out on the car and its not having it, Im fed up with this piece of german junk ha ha. just replaced the backs and bought a kit for the front, should of just got new calipers

Hey, I had the same prob with my callipers if you have access to a high pressure air line then fire the air into where the break fluid enters the calliper making sure the bleed nipple is shut just make sure your fingers are not in harms reach of the of when the piston exits as it comes out with some bang.If still no luck try cutting away the front lip of the dust seal as this makes life easier as I presume you are changing the seals. Also when you are refitting the seals just be carefull when fitting the dust seal as it can be a pain. I put the dust seal onto the piston first then fitted the seal into the calliper while it was still on the piston, as when you use the piston winding tool to push the piston back home,well my ezperience was the first seals I tore it.

enjoy! It is rewarding to know you are still using the same brakes after you refurbed them.

Couple of ideas - if you have access to an air gun blow some compressed air through the flexi hose attachment

- penetrating oil and some taps from a rubber mallet

- use a calliper rewind tool to see if you can crack it by winding it in slightly

Compressed air and a block of wood...

New calipers are cheap though -GPC were selling a pair of new ones for £50 on eBay (no exchange!)

Thanks everyone, sorted now with a bit of patience! put them back on and just kept pushing the pedal gently until they started shifting and eventually the came out to apoint where i could pull the piston out! You should of seen the crap that was in them built up over the years, cleaned them all out and resealed them, Have bled the fronts but still have a spongy pedal, Going to have to bleed the rears again i think as air has probably got right through the system, why are the brakes so hard to bleed on the corrado? had this before when iv`e worked on the brakes! Probably going to have a right job bleeding them now, Doesn`t do them any good sitting in the garage for months on end without a doubt. you can see where the fluid has sat in the caliper for long periods this is why regular fluid changes are important