panderoo

Late ABS Light

needed urgently:

part no: 535919235ba

late spec ABS light, obviously a working one

PM me please

andy

Got this? All working. Replaced bulb with one from RS components, but it's only a single plug I think?

Are you sure? The second plug, which is the smaller one, is only there for the airbag warning light as fitted to the US spec cars. Have you actually looked inside your original ABS warning light to see if there are actually any contacts inside the upper (smaller) socket?

If there are then I take back what I said but having dismantled an airbag equipped Passat B4 which has pretty much the same ABS system I discovered what that smaller plug is for - as in the airbag warning light. It has nothing to do with the ABS but the wiring loom is the same as that fitted to the Corrado so I guess VW just used the same loom for both cars.

In fact, when I did the TDi conversion on my Corrado, including the Teves 20 ABS upgrade, I removed that section of the wiring loom altogether with no adverse effects to the ABS or any other part of the car.

Yes I'm pretty sure, the plugs are totally different.. I will double check though and post a picture of the original abs light alongside the collection of wrong ones I have later

Ok, I'll check out the ABS light that I removed from my Corrado too as I no longer need it due to the ABS upgrade. Will see what the P/N is.

Thanks Tom,

I have my fingers crossed

---------- Post added at 07:39 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:42 PM ----------

Ok so the one I'm looking for is at the top of this picture:

abd19dd9.jpg

and the left one in this picture:

afff1216.jpg

part number ends with BA not AA

Edited by panderoo

If you just need a new bulb. I have plenty in the garage. It will just need soldering to your PCB, 5 minute job :)

Hi there,

I have one, not 100% sure it works, but I think it did on removal. Yours for say £6 posted if that helps?

Thanks,

Neal.

That is definitely a late-spec standard Corrado one, fitted from 1995 onwards I believe. The front of it should be all one texture, unlike the 91-94 bulbs which have two textures with a smaller illuminated section.

See how the smaller of the two plug holes on the upper light doesn't actually have any pins in it? Thats where the airbag warning light bulb would be, if the Corrado was fitted with an airbag, which obviously they were in other markets. However on UK cars the wiring for the light is there, but there isn't provision in the light for it.

Incidentally, have you tried scanning the ABS system with Vag-Com?

I also have the same light but its in good working order and I won't be able to match Neal's price for it.

not scanned the system Tom,

i will do that tonight, i foolishly just thought that as the light was out totally and not on all the time that it must be the light... doh

will have a scan tonight and see what comes up

cant scan just get no response from controller... guess its screwed somewhere...

so im just goinmg to rip the lot out.. i hate this car

That is definitely a late-spec standard Corrado one, fitted from 1995 onwards I believe. The front of it should be all one texture, unlike the 91-94 bulbs which have two textures with a smaller illuminated section.

See how the smaller of the two plug holes on the upper light doesn't actually have any pins in it? Thats where the airbag warning light bulb would be, if the Corrado was fitted with an airbag, which obviously they were in other markets. However on UK cars the wiring for the light is there, but there isn't provision in the light for it.

Incidentally, have you tried scanning the ABS system with Vag-Com?

I also have the same light but its in good working order and I won't be able to match Neal's price for it.

Hi Tom, have tried to PM and Email you about the ABS light... really need one that i now works so let me know what your after price wise.

panderoo, you need to change the latency of the port in settings to 5 i think (control panel>device manager), that will fix your scanning problems.

Check ecu plug for signs of water damage. It's quite common. Remove the actual plug from the ecu though.

Yep, already done that too . Took the ecu totally out checked the connections and there all good, then opened it up to check the fuse board for water contamination just to be sure but it's all fine