sexybourbon

g60 what disks and pads

got a g60 brake set up and although it came with disks and pads i want to replace with new parts before fitting but whats the best products for my money i dont really want to spend a fortune but i also realise i need to be able to stop ok so no cheap **** either

any advice ??

Edited by sexybourbon
spazzy spelling

Ferodo premier FDB 775 for the G60. Main Dealer discs.......Not a single prob in 2 years, Thats my advice. Had the G60 nearly eight years and tried loads of different pads (mainly expensive ones ! but really like the ferodo.

Edited by shawshankkid
added some words of wisdom.

Main dealer discs and I like the EBC greenstuff pads, they stop well are nice and progressive and don't make a lot of dust.

Well worth getting a sliding pin refurb kit and caliper refurb kit from VW to overhaul the replacement setup.

Another vote for genuine discs.. they're quite affordable too - £25/£30 each side I think :)

Cool so the pads are non standard ferodo and the disks are standard vw parts

The only thing with standard disks is i was hoping to maybe buy something drilled and grooved and at least grovved as iv got brembo max disks at the mo and quite like them

Think im deffo gonna go forthe green stuff pads as im running brock b1s and there a very open wheel

Never thaught to refurb the sliders how much does this kits cost

Cheers i did have a look at these on ed38 but says they are for a five stud fitment only and mine been a valver would not fit

Is there any way you can get these to fit im guessing its hard to get disks in four stud that are big enough

Another thing ? There was a link to a site a couple of weeks ago selling really cheap but good quality stuff does anyone know what web site it was think it was around the likes of brakesfast.com but i could be way out with that

Don't quite see the fascination on the drilled / grooved discs myself, unless you're going to spend real money on some very decent ones. You're really just pouring money away for very little gain. Get the VW discs and then spend some money on very decent pads (like the Ferodo DS's) where you'll really notice the difference.

They're brembos from a 4 stud Ibiza cupra.. Would just need new oem discs & pads

Other company was brakesnextday or very similar!

Cool so the pads are non standard ferodo and the disks are standard vw parts

The only thing with standard disks is i was hoping to maybe buy something drilled and grooved and at least grovved as iv got brembo max disks at the mo and quite like them

Think im deffo gonna go forthe green stuff pads as im running brock b1s and there a very open wheel

Never thaught to refurb the sliders how much does this kits cost

Not too expensive, come with new rubber boots, locking bolt and some red grease to suit, 8E0 698 470 B is the part number and you will need 2 kits at around £10 a side.

Ahh cheers bud thats a good price i would have thaught ill make sure ill get them although i have text rob about the brembos so gonna wait now until we have spoke tonight !! Want the brembos now and im supposed to be saving for a house haha

The g60 disks and pads may be up for sale again lol

Will have a browse on the brake site and see if i can get a bargain