KADVR6

3.0 litre pistons

thinking about getting some 3.0 litre pistons fitted as the engine in my corrado is smoking on start up (stem seals), and sometimes while booting it (rings) sourced a new ported/polished head, and will be getting a 2.8 aaa code lump as soon as i can find one.

so where is the best place to get some 3.0 litre pistons from???

cheers

karl

Possibly me. I have some 12:1 compression forged Wossner ones in a spare engine. I think they have 83mm rings on them, meaning capacity goes from 2861 to (I think) 2967cc. Obviously you'll need to have the bores of the ABV honed out to accept them

I will have to pull them out of the engine (assuming they will come out!), but PM if you want to discuss as I have no use for them now. Will certainly cost you less than the £900-odd I paid for them.

I have some engine partsyou may be interested in Karl, i was going to rebuild another lump but i just cant be arsed! I have in my garage:

AAA Block

ABV Block (lips on bores)

Good ABV Crank

2.9 pistons and rods

3 sets of piston rings for 2.9 pistons(so need another 3)

set of main crank bearings (VAG)

The big end shells should be ok,were used for about 1000 miles then i swapped engines.

Also have probably all other engine parts.

Let me know if you are interested in could probably sell you the whole lot of things at a good price, as its just taking up space and in my mums garage.

Cheers, Sam