vw domo

2l 16v Fuel pressure regulator search

I'm looking to replace my fuel pressure regulator with a new one to see i this is the cause of my fueling issues.

Just wondering if anyone has used a adjustable FPR on a 9a before? Is there any problems fitting one along side the metering head? Or is there any aftermarket types?

Seems like VW is the only place to go otherwise and they cost a pretty penny!

Any help or advice apricated :) thanks.

As far as i'm aware the FPR on the side of the metering head is just to maintain fuel pressure for a while after shut down. (someone correct me if im wrong) So it won't really affect any fuelling you may have. It should really only affect warm re-starts.

Im currently trying to solve an under fuelling problem myself. Trying to source a new under car pump and accumulator (cost about £100 each!) and ruled out the FPR due to my thinking above.

Thanks dude, wasn't aware of this. I swapped out my metering head yesterday hoping this would be the cause of my over fueling.

My plugs are still caked black and its stuttering like crazy under acceleration :(

I think replacing the accumulator Is my next step, not sure what else to try after that........ Is there any other possible causes on the fueling side of things?

Good luck with yours