Ron Burgundy

Corrado Slamed hard in this review by Consumer Guide Auto WTF!

What's up with it? admittedly some of the ratings are low and don't really match what's written but otherwise it's fairly thorough and unsuprising...

Factually, the Scirocco was produced by Karmann along side the Corrado until 1993 but may have been deleted from the US range in 88?

It's mostly positive about the interior and roominess, build quality, looks, handling, steering, ride comfort and braking...

All the usual stuff like long 1st / 2nd gearing hampering 0-60 times and crunchy gear throw, chassis / road noise, too expensive etc are all criticised.

Edited by Supercharged

I think theres a few areas where it doesn't score as well as I'd hope.. like the space / roominess. Yes there isn't a tonne of room, but it is (for it's size) surprisingly spacious for both people and luggage and fairly comfortable in the back even on a long drive.

But yeah - most of it seems fair.

I dont know out of all the researchng I have done Ive just never seen the level of negitivity in any reviews. Top gear raved over it and from my experiance they nomaily dont do that for a car under 80,000 bucks. But I looked back at it after reading your comments and they did put a lot of positives in there. I think I was tired and upset not being able to find parts for my g60 last night and I read that at the wrong time. You know us americans shoot first and ask questions later.:bonk:

You only have to look at the Pros and Cons list to realise it's not a review to take seriously.

Rear seat room? Road noise? Entry/Exit? It's a sports coupe not a luxury sedan. You don't buy a block of cheese to make a ham sandwich.

I've never understood people getting so upset by negative criticism about something they've not personally designed or made. Who cares if some bloke doesn't like the Corrado, what difference does that make to anyone's life? Besides which, never take ANYTHING you read on the internet seriously!

You don't buy a block of cheese to make a ham sandwich.

Well I do actually... ham on it's own is very bland, a nice layer of cheese and maybe a bit of chutney makes all the difference... maybe a bit of fresh basil too!

maybe a bit of fresh basil too!

And I thought I was a ponce ;)

So long as it's Greek Basil, then I'm in complete agreement. So much tastier and more fragrant than regular Basil.

But of course, Basil isn't complete without quality tomatoes, so you need to add those to the cheese, ham & basil too.

And speaking of Greek, just got back from Greece Land and Super Unleaded is 2 Euros a litre there. And we think £1.40 is expensive. Admittedly, it is 100 octane though, instead of 98/99