8vMatt

Is there a diff in non-Recaro leathers?

Hi guys,

I've been looking at various leather interiors recently to buy. I looked at one that was exactly like I was expecting, a standard leather seat with regular height bolsters etc. But I've just bought an interior that I was told came out of a Storm. Very nice condition but unless my memory was playing tricks on me, the bolsters seemed to be a lot deeper than the other seat. The bolster was almost straight up and square in profile where the other one was really rounded in shape. Sorry for the rambling on, I can get a pic later on for you.

I didn't think there was a difference in leather that wasn't a Recaro seat until now, I could well be wrong as normal though!

well they are either standard or recaro's, no other seat was fitted mate so maybe the bolsters have been repaired and a different bolster was used??

get a pic up mate

Thats how I saw it, standard or Recaro. I must be going mad then. Not told about any repair work, seller said they came out of a low mileage Storm. It is a proper Corrado seat as the VW sticker underneath says so. I'll get a pic as soon as I can. Cheers Karl.

maybe from a passat? a picture may help understand the difference better.

Ive heard some people bend the bolster frames in more to make a snugger fit, this may explain yours being upright but not sure why yours are a different profile.

Sorry should have put that the sticker underneath does say Corrado.

I'm holding my sleeping baby boy at the moment, once he wakes up I'll get a pic or two. Maybe the first seat I saw was knackered and the bolster worn down out of shape?

---------- Post added at 01:07 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:36 PM ----------

Here we go, now I've looked at them again, they do look standard. Just differernt from the first lot of seats I looked at. Very happy with the condition of them, will be fitted very soon and the Audi Recaro's going.

IMG_1441.jpg

IMG_1442.jpg

IMG_1443.jpg

Yep, shows how shagged the other seat was, to look so different from this one to question myself :bonk:

Mmmm WANT! They look nice and tight and finish looks quite matte.

They didn't look this good in the ebay advert.

---------- Post added at 11:58 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:55 PM ----------

Yep thats standard, left bolster looks like it has been reconditioned.

Don't forget, this is a passenger seat. No wear to that bolster. But it does look fresh to me also. You never know. There is a slight grazing wear to the drivers bolster, I've seen many that are worse though.