hawwy

polisher to polished dishes

hi

ive got 4 x 1/2" bbs dishes that i need polishing to a mirror finish ,they are of bbs rm , anybody who could do it?

i have a set of 2 inch dishes that need doing, im taking mine to a guy in chester called Glencross restorations, who was recomended by a mate of mine, its working out cheaper for him to do it than getting all the bits i need to do it myself, and i have seen the standard of his work and its superb.

i have already sand blasted, jenolited, zinc primered and painted all the bolts and stripped the centres, just need to paint the centres flat grey, get the dishes back and put them all back together.

I polished my TT Comps upto a mirror finish. When I bought them, they were all white and corroded. Never done anything like that before, very satisfying to do yourself. I've had loads of people ask where did I get them done.

Go for it mate.

Depending on how badly corroded they are- If bad start with 600 grit Wet & Dry in a bowl of warm soapy water. If they are ok, start with 800 grit and lightly sand all of each dish. Then repeat the process with 1000 grit, 1200 grit and 1500 grit. Once you have finished that and are sick of rubbing, you know you've done enough. They won't look very polished at this stage, don't worry. Get yourself a cutting compound, something like G3. Polish up and clean off. Autosol metal polish is next, polish and clean off. Autoglym metal gives you a nice polished finish. You want to keep them shiny and protect them now, you need to buy Collinite 476 hard wax. 3 coats are the way to go for this I've told. 1st one, leave on for 20mins and rub off. 2nd rub on and leave overnight or 12 hours. 3rd leave for 20 mins and clean off.

That is the procedure I did for my wheels and it worked nice and lasts a long time. Others might have completely different ways but there's no single way of getting good results.

gone bust mate, and owing loads of people alloys that were sent and never done or returned.

As far as I know cecil / rainbow polishing has not gone bust.

He's just moved unit, I was there today, I took 2 VR manifolds for polishing, and a mates Triumph spitfire bumper for rechroming.

I've been using Cecil for polishing for around 12 years and work is top class.

Work he's done for me

22092010201.jpg

21092010200.jpg

DSC00374.jpg

pics037.jpg

pics003.jpg

Pictures068.jpg

Pictures036.jpg

If anyone wants to get hold of him PM me.

Daz

As far as I know cecil / rainbow polishing has not gone bust.

He's just moved unit, I was there today, I took 2 VR manifolds for polishing, and a mates Triumph spitfire bumper for rechroming.

I've been using Cecil for polishing for around 12 years and work is top class.

Work he's done for me

22092010201.jpg

21092010200.jpg

DSC00374.jpg

pics037.jpg

pics003.jpg

Pictures068.jpg

Pictures036.jpg

If anyone wants to get hold of him PM me.

Daz

in that case i take it all back, just heard that some people had not heard anything back from him after they had dropped stuff off, and the phone number was no longer recognised