SIMONG

which bonnet???

i need to change my bonnet as it is a bit poorley! at the moment it has a late bonnet ie bulge's up. but i cant decide as to which one to replace it with. i have a early 16v which bulges down but has two minor dents in it which would need a small bit of attention. or i have found a later bonnet with the bulge but is gonna be £50 either way they would both need spraying.

i cant decide what to do, put the one on ive got which is already payed for or buy another bonnet . mainly i cant dedecide which style to go for?

I prefer the early bonnet. Obviously it's not an option on a VR6 but as you have a 16v I'd go with that.

However... (and I am happy to be corrected) didn't the later cars come with modified wings... so would an earlier bonnet fit as well on a car wth later wings? Dunno.

However... (and I am happy to be corrected) didn't the later cars come with modified wings... so would an earlier bonnet fit as well on a car wth later wings? Dunno.

I got 90 91 g60 the bonnet bulge in the middle I just finished sticker bombing bonnet that one is has no bulge u saying the wings r different so in nut shell this bonnet mite not fit

i though things wings were the same apart from the lines of the rolled part of the arch and difference were sweige lines are (the bit where the bump strips go)

the thing thats swaying me towards the 16v one is that i already have it

I got 90 91 g60 the bonnet bulge in the middle I just finished sticker bombing bonnet that one is has no bulge u saying the wings r different so in nut shell this bonnet mite not fit

I'm afraid I don't know. All I know is the wings are slightly different on newer cars but I don't know if that causes a problem at all with the bonnet.

late bonnet will fit all corrado's but the leading edge may not fit in line with the wings lines (heard its hardly noticeable)

early bonnets will fit all but the vr6 due to the taller engine position hitting the bonnet frame.

I like both styles, but would tend to want to fit the late spec.

just fit the early one and see what you think

i thought about putting it on but its black so couldnt leave it on the see how i feel ablout it after a few days apart from that i might have to s see some others in the flesh.

not sure how it would be any faster james? i guess there would be slighty different areo dynamics but cant see how that would make a huge difference?

When I fitted a later bonnet I gained hp but lost low down torque, jokes asides early wings much like bonnets are different, the later wings have larger wider arches, I currently have an early and late wing each side of the car and the difference is very noticeable. The lines of both bonnets match either wing fine, I agree it's a difficult choice (if you don't care to keep with the cars age) each look good in there own ways. ied be intrested to know the weight differences between both bonnets. I think if I could get hold of an early bonnet in carbon fibre (they exist but ive yet to find one for sale anywere) then personally ied choose early style.