dietztho000

Questions about G charger and random holes in engine block...maybe leaking oil?

Hey everyone! Im new to the Corrado community! Learning that this car is a unique and expensive project car, but Im doing my best smiling smiley

I have a couple questions for all you g60 gurus out there who have worked on your car!

First off, my G charger has a pipe that seems to be oil inside that was cut from who knows where. Weve looked but have no clue where it may be to.

Does anyone know where the pipe off of the G charger goes to? Pictures would be amazing!

My other questions, which I have pictures for, is 2 random holes that seem to be not plugged with anything when we took the car apart.

https://mail.google.com/mail/?ui=2&ik=8c847d3366&view=att&th=130fd99a29982abc&attid=0.3&disp=inline&realattid=1373555578035580976-3&zw

https://mail.google.com/mail/?ui=2&ik=8c847d3366&view=att&th=130fd99a29982abc&attid=0.4&disp=inline&realattid=1373555578035580976-4&zw

Had to delete the source code for an image because they are too big. The first image shows the engine bay to kind of get a perspective of where the holes are, then the second one is of the two holes up close.

AND last. If anyone is interested in the Wisconsin area in buying a 91 VW Corrado G60. Lots of new parts. Mostly stock besides an air filter. Has rims and body is black with a body kit. Just message me for pictures. I will be putting up for sale once shes all running.

Thanks for any help! :)

Hi. Welcome along. Firstly there are two pipes which feed/return oil to the supercharger. The supply pipe is metal braided with banjo bolts on either end and connects from the charger to the cylinder head (IIRC). The return pipe is larger diameter rubber pipe which connects from the bottom of the charger back to the block (not sure exactly where).

See here http://www.wagenstad.com/index.php?modid=113&page=1-48-00 for a diagram. The supply pipe is number 5 and the return is number 11

The pictures you've linked don't work as I guess they are from your email account? Best bet is to save them and upload them into a post or host on a site link imageshack.us and link them.

This is a mainly UK based forum so you may not have too much interest if you put your car up for sale here, although there are a few US members

Ah thank you very much for that diagram! That will come in handy!

[ATTACH=CONFIG]47924[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH=CONFIG]47925[/ATTACH]

Okay ive added the images now, hopefully they work :p

And as ive been viewing more about the forum, I have seen this is more of a UK place. Atleast I can still get knowledgeable help here.

Thank you for the fast reply!

That hole is just to allow you to view the flywheel when you are setting the timing... should have a rubber cover that just pushes in, but isn't critical that its missing...

Is it an auto? The holes are oriented perpendicular to that of the bell housing on mine..

Edited by andycowuk