Ben-B

HELP - How do you remove bumper & slam panel?

I've been trying to remove the slam panel and front bumper, but I can't figure it out.

I've read the pages in the Bentley manual, but can't seem to make much sense of the diagrams.

Is anyone able to offer any help? A step by step guide with photos would be ideal

Sorry no pics to hand but something like this, I'm sure people will add bits incase I forget anything.

Bumper- 4 17mm bolts, 2 each side underneath the front running back along the chassis legs. Leave the small bolt in place, its important to stay there. Undo the screws to the flat panels underneath in the corners that go to the arch liners if you have them. Undo the connectors to the fogs and indicators as you gently slide the bumper out along the bumper irons. Prob a two person job to lift the bumper out and away from the car.

Slam Panel- 14 small bolts. I think two under the front of the headlights, one at the outside edge each side, one at the back of the panel next to the headlight each side and a couple on the front face of the panel including down the very bottom in the middle. Disconnect the rad lugs on top of the panel, undo and pull out the bonnet pull. Undo any alarm sensor if there is one.

That should be about it but I have prob missed something, good luck mate.

Support the engine as its only held up by the 2 x 10mm bolts 8vMatt has told you to leave in place (once you have removed the 4 17mm bumper bolts)

Good Luck :)

Support the engine as its only held up by the 2 x 10mm bolts 8vMatt has told you to leave in place (once you have removed the 4 17mm bumper bolts)

Good Luck :)

In what way, jacking the car up and sticking an axle stand under the engine?

Just putting the jack under the engine with a block of wood to take the strain is enough. You're not trying to lift the engine, just stop it dropping.