Sign in to follow this  
endor71

Aerial fitting

I am getting a new DAB aerial today and wondering if there is an easy way of fitting it.

It will be going in the place of the beesting aerial on the roof of the car.

Do I need to take the headlining off or undo just the back of it or is there an easier way???

why are you switching? i like the stock look, or if anything, a much smaller S2000 antenna that screws right on the current base. looks very nice.

i haven't seen what you're talking about.. have any pics?

As well as the standard fm radio the UK has got Digital Audio Broadcast Radio. (CD quality/more information). I have got a reciever in my car but it requires a compatable aerial. The standard pioneer I got with the reciever is not very good (I also managed to accidently cut the wire making a mess of any signal :oops: ).

Have found and purchased a Bosche item to replace it and it looks very similar to a standard Corrado item.

Anyway have now fitted the bosche without taking the car to pieces too much 8)

Much better quality and picking up more stations than b4. (The aerial carries digital and fm signals so just one aerial instead of a potential 2 8) 8) )

ah! ok then.. i'm planning this eventually too.. we have satalite broadcast over here.. just like the theme stations you can pull up on your tv satalite.

what is the bosch part? have a number or a pic?

thanks.

Aerial went in no problems just pulled headliner down enough to work at it. One of the easier jobs I have done. :)

Any thoughts on fitting a bmw shark fin aerial to my beloved C? Just a thought. Anyone out there actually done this? :batman: